Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Accidental Deployment of an Airbag with Injuries?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    If anyone would like more info on SRS please contact me via email. I can send your department some interesting reading material

------------------
    Camaro SS: [email protected]
    EMT/Fire Rescue Training

Lauralee's Playground

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Two down, thirteen or more to go... It has been brought to my attenion that as many as 15 incidents have been documented where responders (fire/police/EMS) have been injured. I would like to personally thank on medic, Mr. Dave Long, MN for coming forward with two incidents which occured in his own city. Dave will be writing an article shortly which will tell the emergency workers the details and how to avoid the same injuries from an accidental deployment.

Until there is a better rule, try using a distance of 5-10-20 Inches from; SIPS, driver frontal and passenger frontal airbags. While this may not work for all airbags, it will reduce the risk and severity of injury.

Are there any more incidents out there, lets hear from you! I will be compiling the data to take to the industry to help with our safety concerns. One automaker has opened up talks, we just need to have some proof that there is more than one incident, Dayton, Ohio!

Regards,
    Ron Shaw

------------------
    Ron Shaw
    http://www.extrication.com

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    So many Urban Myths and Legends are accompanying the SRS Air Bag. Currently I say enless you see it with your own eyes view all reports with educated skepticisum(sp?) Pleae support Ron and Ron in their quest to track down this stuff. Lets find out the FACTS before we run around saying the Sky is falling. Please do not misunderstand, the potential is there and is serious. For that reason alone we need to deal with facts as opposed to Urban Myths and Legends

------------------
    Carl D. Avery

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Accidental Deployment of an Airbag with Injuries?

Accidental Deployment of an Airbag with Injuries?

By now most responders should have herd of the incident in Dayton Ohio where two fire fighters were injured as a direct result of the accidental deployment of the frontal airbag system. Ron Moore while working with FETN did a great training video with actual footage captured by a TV crew.

This incident while tragic as it may be, has served to improve responder SRS awareness through out the world. However, it seems that the word may not be out to everyone. The word has gotten out that some responders have been injured but for some reason those in the know have not come forward to make this information public so others may learn and possibly prevent a similar occurance.

I ask that if you know of such an incident that you post the incident on this forum or send a email to Ron Moore or myself.

If you don't want to get involve, let us do the foot work on your lead, you may ask to keep the information confidential for what ever reason you may have.

I do believe that documenting these incidents are one way that the automobile industry will start to look into responder concerns. If not for yourself, do it for your brothers/sisters!

Regards,
    Ron Shaw
    Email: [email protected]

------------------
    Ron Shaw
    http://www.extrication.com

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse