Extrication Tool Show Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capt. Dan,

Are you from Midland, TX? If you are I may have a resouce of information for you. If you are or if you are interested in my resource view my profiel and e-mail me.

------------------
    Hamy91

FIrefighters are the chosen people.

My views do not reflect that of my department or the United States Air Force

Comment

Capt. Dan,

Are you from Midland, TX? If you are I may have a resource of information for you. If you are view my profile and e-mail if you are interested. Even if you are not from TX I could still relay the info if you want it.

------------------
      Hamy91

FIrefighters are the chosen people.

My views do not reflect that of my department or the United States Air Force

Comment

I think as a dealer for LUKAS recue tools. I have been side by side in demo's with many manufacturors. I feel that the best to decide is a side by demo. I always let the fire department use the tools as i talk about their forces and weight and performance. etc. I let the resscue technicians get hands on. I can easily rip a car apart with my tool because I use it all the time. the true test is if a novice tech can do the same with my tool. I saw a manufacturor loose a sale because the salesman ripped the car apart and would not let the department get their hands on the tool.

I would be honored to participate in a demonstration of our product. WWW.Lukas.com

keep up the great debates.

Comment

Good topic. I recently got to see a head-to-head comparison when my department was in the market for a tool. We compared Hurst, Phoenix and Holmatro. We ended up buying the Hurst Maverick Combo Tool and a pair of Phoenix straight edge cutters. Holmatro didn't fair as well as the others, but did a pretty good job despite. The reason for the combination of Hurst and Phoenix is Hurst has a pretty good reputation but Phoenix has the best cutters from our comparison. We broke a brand new pair of Hurst cutters on a "A" post of a 1976 International Scout. The blade broke clean at the hinge pin. I'm sure there are other tools out there, but we haven't found anything that can cut like the Phoenix. However, the Hurst Maverick is th emost powerful combo tool I've ever seen personally. We're pleased with our purchase and have had great sucess so far. Thanks for the topic. Be safe!

Comment

If we want to find out how other tools compare against each other, why don't we consult someone in the engineering field who would be able to tell us what would be the best materials to try cutting with each tool, or similar cars and try and do dash rolls, a-post cuts, door removal, etc. How about Ron Moore, can he be of any help and trying to find out what these tools can do on a level playing field???

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X