Light Rail Accidents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light Rail Accidents

Has anyone had to deal with accidents involving "Light Rail" vehicles? My department is particularly concerned with elevated guideways and getting access.
    Thanks,
    Mark

I haven't had experience personally, but Baltimore City (where I live) runs light rail trains through the city, on ground level, so they've had train vs. pedestrian and train vs. auto accidents several times. There is also a metro subway system which is elevated in some spots. If you can, BCFD might be a good agency to get in touch with, though I don't know the extent of their training. Rescue 1 does some pretty snazzy work, though. (Yes, I said snazzy. )

Also, the light rails travel through Baltimore County, so consider them as well, if you go looking for advice. I'll look into it as well.

Peace, and stay safe.

Comment

This might sound far fetched, but I bet the fire companies in and around Walt Disney World and Disney Land might have some information in place to help you out since the famous mono-rails would present simular problems. Also, Chicago has run an elevated mass transit system for years, so they too might have some useful information.

Good Luck!

------------------
      Richard Nester
      Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader