air bags deployed while working on the victim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• air bags deployed while working on the victim

I am trying to find out if there is any statistics on emergency personal injured while working at a motor vehicle accident. More specific, air bags deployed while working on the victim. This can include Police,Ems and Firefighters

Yorktown Heights, there is a fairly famous incident in Ohio that I think was called the "Dayton Air Bag Incident."

It was videotaped and is used quite frequently in extrication classes and Supplemental Restraint Air Bag safety classes.

I think it was narrated by the gracious moderator of this forum Ron Moore for FETN satellite training network and is on video.

That's the incident that opened rescuers eyes but I'm sure there are other incidents that I don't know about.

Rescue Lt. Kevin C. (Pokey)

Comment

I tried to get some answers a few months ago on another discussion board on the same topic. Other than the Dayton incident (where the battery was not disconnected) I have never heard of another incident of a deployment during an extrication. (not that there has not been one, just no mention in the numerous extrication discussion boards I have monitored.)

I wonder if there is a little too much "gloom and doom" put on the topic. Lord knows someone has made some cash with "bagbusters" and kevlar covers to cash in on the "panic".

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X