DeWalt Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeWalt Feedback

I work for DeWalt. We are always looking for feedback to better serve you, our customers. I would love to get any and all feedback about our cordless saws, our blades, or any competitors' saws and blades.
    Thank you in advance!!

------------------

I saw your tools at the Baltimore Expo last year and liked what I saw. Milwaukee was not there so it was a turkey shoot for Dewalt. I tried many times to contact your representative to have have someone bring a loaner for programs that I have been teaching.

I got tired of no replies, contacted Milwaukee and instead of sending a representative or vendor, they gave me two demo tools with as many Torch blades as I need for a program.

Sorry, but one of the areas you need to address is following up on calls. We the instructors are your first contact to a department. For those of use that do a lot of private programs, this means a lot of exposure. Regardless of what anyone says, extrication programs sell tools. If your not there, someone else will be getting the sale. It may not be today, but students remember a good experience from a past program.

School buses, heavy trucks, hinges sheet metal, you can't beat a reciprocating saw. But, if an instructor doesn't have the tools to use, no one sees them. And in my case, they now see Big Red. I have to say I am pleased with the saws and so are the students in my classes.

------------------
    Ron Shaw
    http://www.extrication.com

Comment

Will DeWalt be changing their cordless line to 24 volts for the majority of tools?

Comment

Dear Ron,
        I am very sorry that no one contacted you. You are right, follow up is important and I it saddens me to hear that our failure to get back to you led you to go with "the other guys."
        It wasn't until recently that DeWalt headquarters began stressing the importance of developing relationships with Fire Departments. Our representatives across the country are now aware that serving you is one of our biggest priorities. I am sure that you will not experience this in the future with DeWalt.
        You mentioned that you use Milwaukee Torch blades. If you send me your station's address, I'd like to send you some of our demolition blades to try as well.
        Again, I apologize, but please know that if you need anything else, you can call
        1-800-4DEWALT or WWW.DEWALT.COM or, I invite you to personally contact me and I will help you in every way I can.
        Thanks, Francesca

Comment

Billy,
          The 24 Volt system, the first in its class, currently has 4 tools--the heavy duty reciprocating saw PERFECT for extricating purposes, a 1/2" hammerdrill with 550 inch lbs. of torque, a 6 1/2" circular saw that cuts 200 2x4's on one charge, and a 7/8" SDS electro-pneumatic rotary hammer. I haven't heard of adding more right now. These products took several years to perfect and they've only been on the market since November, so for now, those 4 are what you've got, but with those, could you ask for more????

Comment

Dear Francesca,

Thank you for your response to my note on this page. I did take you up on the invitation on calling you last week after I read your post the next day. I did leave a message on your answering service, perhaps you didn't get it.

There Maybe is a problem with retrieving messages at DeWalt, the problem could be the phone system...

I one of the reasons I had called was to tell you I had arranged a fire service testing of "Extra Protective Glass" at the manufacturer's R&D facilities.

Milwaukee will be represented by a company offical and will be among other noted fire service personalities. We the selected test team members, will determine the best tool(s) for breaching and cutting the glazing.

I wanted to extend to you the same courtesy and oppertunity that was given to the Milwaukee Company, perhaps if there is another testing in the future I will again try to contact.

Regards,
            Ron Shaw

------------------
            Ron Shaw
            http://www.extrication.com

Comment

Ron,
              Has the testing already past? I'm sorry I didn't call you back. I want to help out as much as possible, but this is not my primary job. I have taken an interest in fire rescue and do this on the side when I get home from work. I have however, passed along your emails and information to someone who is responsible for taking care of fire rescue issues. She will be contacting you very soon. Unfortunately, if we missed your past event, we are very interested in working with you in the near future.
              Thanks,
              Francesca

Comment

Have used another depts. 18v saw on training events (vehicle extrication). Worked pretty well... ate a few batteries on 1 car (a,b, and c posts on both sides). Blades were kinda dull (I think we even tried wood blades just to see how they fared... not good). We are getting one of our own probably within the next week or two (I hope). We don't do too much rescue, but we DO run a ladder truck and plan to put it on that with some demolition blades, metal blades, etc. We still think pretty highly of it. Thanks for the work on the product!

Comment

The Fire Co. I currently run with has an 18 volt cordless in service, we Love it. We got it when we agreed to demo it's use at a local hardware store(LARGE nationwide store). they asked us to cut up a car with it. I spent 4 hours in front of the store and cut up the car(a 70's era station wagon). The saw never skipped a beat, and altough the batteries were only partially charged, the saw cut everything I tried to cut. It cut the a, b, and c posts, the nader pin and anything else I could think of at the time. Keep up the good work, it's a great product.

Comment

Hey DW -
                    We just received a couple of the Cordless saws to try out during our school bus extrication class this Saturday. I will let you know. Dewalt just did a demonstration at a newly opened Lowe's store here in Ann Arbor. The guy cut a vehicle in half in 6 minutes with one of the cordless recip. saws. Impressive so far...

------------------
                    EDDIE C.
                    F-52 - Local 3008
                    [email protected]
                    "Doin' it for lives and property !"
                    ECarn21's Homefire Page

Comment

Lets hear some comments about users of the 24 volt saw!

Comment

Hey guys thanks a lot for your comments. I'm glad to hear you are impressed with the tools. We truly believe they will make your jobs a little easier!

FIREKATZ, maybe you weren't using the right blades--try 10/14 TPI Demolition Blades. They work wonders. I just did an event today with Miami's USAR and they used the new 24 volt and our demolition blades all day and they said they really loved it and felt confident that they would do the job. Sene me your address and I'll send you a few.

PHIL and PTFD21--glad you guys have been impressed with the demos at Lowe's events. That's why we do them!
                        Phil, I bet you were tired. Four hours of cutting, they don't even make us do that!
                        PTF--let me know how the bus and truck expo in NJ turns out!!!

Comment

DW - Those things are "Da' Bomb". We had 1- 18 volt Dewalt and 2- 24 volt Dewalt. We used them continuously during our 9 hr Bus Extrication Class and we had to rotate the batteries a couple of times. We did "ALOT" of sawing with those things. We did try to keep the batteries rotated and charged but at times this was not done so all we had to do was insert the converter into the saw and use it as a regular corded saw.
                          We used Dewalt blades which are a little thicker, stiffer blades than the Lenox we usually use and we only bent one blade and did not break any. We had both some 6" and (I think they were) 8" blades. The 8" blades were much more versatile.
                          The 24 volt saws performed far better than the 18 volt. It was great being in a tight position and being able to hand off to another F/F without "dinking" around with the cord.
                          When we talked about it afterwords, one of my Sgts. said " it was a constant stream of F/Fs" saying to our boss - "We need some of these".I think we will be purchasing these in the future..

------------------
                          EDDIE C.
                          F-52 -
                          [email protected]
                          "Doin' it for lives and property !"
                          ECarn21's Homefire Page

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola