Hurst elctric driven pumps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    I'd suggest contacting your local Hurst dealer or Hurst directly in Conshohocken, PA. They have a website at www.hurstjaws.com which may help also. The unit they list with the highest amp draw is the JL-AC-SI pump, which runs on 220 volts at a maximum of 24 amps, which equates to 5280 watts - but, startup of electric motors requires 2 to 3 times the running current of the motor. At 3 times the current, a generator of 15,840 should start the motor under full load. An important point about most electric motors is they are very intolerant of low voltages (which often result when undersized/excessively long cords or undersized generators are used to power them). They overheat rapidly under these conditions, leading to early failure. Considering you are relying on this piece of equipment for life-saving operations, it would do you well to make sure you have sufficient electrical capacity to run it efficiently. I would doubt the manufacturers recommendation has anything to do with other equipment that may be powered by your generator - consider the current requirement for this and any other electrical device in addition to whatever else you intend to operate at the same time. Stay safe.

------------------
    R.A. Ricciuti, Firefighter
    Mt. Lebanon Fire Department
    www.mtlfd.org

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    couldn't tell u. we run a 15kw generator with our hurst pump. maybe because they figure that u would be running other tools with it off of same generator?

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Hurst elctric driven pumps

Hurst elctric driven pumps

Can anyone tell me why Hurst electric pumps require 18kw to operate and all other brands only require 4 or 5 ?

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X