freon lines/ac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• freon lines/ac

Checked with my local dealers and found out that the GM and Ford products with rear ac all have the ac mounted on the rear quarter panel and the lines are in the "frame" under the vehicle. They have vents that run to the roof ETC. Dodge has their's in the roof with the freon lines running up the passengers side B Coll. inside the trim. DONT know about the imports yet.
    Suggestion was if you need to cut pinch off lines with vice grips. any other thoughts?

------------------
    Ken Metzler

Cut a hose under the hood? Make sure ya have your sunglass' an sunscreen ozone an all ya know.

Comment

There is about 3lbs of R-134a in the system, and pressures can run from 30psi to 250psi according to the AC teck. After reading the MSDS its not good stuff, but better than r-12

Comment

Well, that makes sense, didn't give any thought to remote air conditioners in vans. Ok, I am at a loss now, would full turn-out gear protect non-exposed areas of the rescuer's body???

------------------
        Richard Nester
        Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

Comment

R-12 or R-134a. I would'nt recomend inhalation or direct exposure. But I would'nt prolong any extrication because of the fear of "freon". I would'nt take any extra time and/or effort preparing yourself for an exposure. After all we all have full turn-outs on and added eye protection anyways....RIGHT?!?! But I believe the concern would be the pt. that is entraped. A standard extrication cover(ie.tarp, non-wool blanket) should add enough protection for the pt. On a non-runing veh. the normal psi will be anywhere from 18-60 psi. depending on the ambient temp. and time that the veh. has been turned off.
          The bottom line is that: if you take all of the necessary safety steps that you should on any and EVERY extrication scene, their should be no problems encountered on the scene.

MAC

The best tool to have when you leave the station is COMON SENCE.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X