• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Milwaukee with demolitian blades.

See Ya On The Roof
    Gregg

Comment

we use milwaukees. had 1 reg for 8-9 yrs. bought cordless 2 yrs ago and have had good luck with it. 3 weeks ago bought new milwaukee super sawzall# 6537. its a 10 amp unit and does pull coarse blades good. stay with the brand names and the higher amperage units. good luck

Comment

We currently use the milwaulkee, 2 of them, and have had great luck. Nothing I can say that hasnt been said by someone else. But I do have a question for you cordless rescuers.....can you give some feedback on how much time you get from each battery? and do you have a problem with "memory" of the battery? The DeWalt rep I have spoken with says that with the genereation of ni=cad batteries currently on sale, memory is not an issue. But a salesman is a salesman. Any words of wisdom from you guys who use them? I am really looking to trade our corded ones in for cordless if this is the way to go. Any words would be appreciated.

Comment

FSRIZZIO,

Not to get crossed with you, but "GAS OPERATED"?? Sure I bet it's pretty good, but why would you want to expose the patient/rescuers to any more noise and CO levels than necessary??..

Comment

I teach hand tool extrication and use a Porter Cable 9.6 amp Tiger Saw.

I have not had a bit of trouble with it, and use the Lennox demolition blades for extrication.

Be Safe
            Ed

Comment

A Posting from Rom Moore, Forum Moderator

The topic of reciprocating saws for extrication will be featured in the October, November and December University of Extrication articles this year.

Besides info about saws, (corded and cordless), I'll be presenting good stuff about saw blades, saw use, and some neat inside info from the experts within the industry.

If you have photos of reciprocating saws in use at a real-world extrication events, please contact me. I'm searching now for photos such as this to illustrate the series of articles.

No money but the photographer gets a by-line in the magazine.

Ron Moore

Comment

The Heavy Rescue Team and our extrication team for my department use Milwaukee super sawzall. We have 4 2-10amp, 1-8amp,and 1-18volt all of them except the 8amp are quick the release. We love the way they perform. We use the Milwaukee Torch blade and the blade really works great. We won the SR/DR extrication competition this year with the Milwaukee sawzall's .

Comment

we have a porter-cable 9.6 tiger saw with the quick change blade clamp. i also use the same type of saw at my job as a carpenter, this may be hard to believe,but i think that we are tougher on our saw at work than we are at the firehouse. i have never had a problem with any of our porter-cable tools,and can say from experience that they are not imitations. as with any tool you need to take care of it,wich includes taking a small brush and cleaning any debris from the foot and chuck area. also be sure to use good quality blades,lennox demolition blades are our choice. remember cut,spread,or get out of the way.

Comment

We use the DeWalt Sawzall and have had great success with it, it is very fast and the battery life is unsurpassed. We also have a Milwaukee with the "quick change chuck" which proved not to be that quick after all. Have you ever tried changing the blade on one of those saws with a gloved hand? Pretty tough when you need to get the job done. We carry 1 DeWalt and extra batteries on both Engines and the Squad. The Milwaukee is in reserve.....if you buy one you'll find out why!!!

Comment

I have found the Milwaukee 10 amp, and the Poter Cable Tiger to be among the best. The Milwaukee has a slight edge, due to a slightly longer stroke, and a few more strokes per minute (about 400 more). I have found that the best blades I've ever used are Starrett. In the years i've used them, I found they are less prone to breakage than the Dewalt, and Lennox blades. Try a variety of saws and use the one that you like best. They're all great performers, some are just liked better than others.

Comment

porter cable tiger paw( quick change) has been doing the job for my department.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X