Tractor Rollover Scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not done yet

Ah Lutan,Giving up early are we?I'm not done with this yet unless Ron wants to "call it".I have offered A solution,however there are quite a few more.I'm interested in how some of the rest of you would handle this with the equipment you have available.If you have some 4-5 foot cribbing you could use it in conjunction with air bags or hi lifts to form a lifting cradle.In answer to the glass question most cabs are similar to regular vehicles,usually laminated in front and tempered everywhere else.Perhaps a few who have been thru Farmmedic would offer an opinion.T.C.

Comment

My tractor leaked like a sieve - but it was a '52 Case.

LOL...mine's a '55 Ferguson.

Named her Smokey...wonder sometimes if you added up all the oil, radiator fluid, grease, and hydraulic fluid together if that would be more in gallons than I use in gasoline! But you touch the key, she fires right up and I don't have monthly payments on her.
      IACOJ Canine Officer
      20/50

Comment

Anyone see the Photostory from Horry County?

Not bad pix- looks like a very messy scene though with lots of hoses, etc everywhere....
        Luke

Comment

Originally posted by lutan1
          Anyone see the Photostory from Horry County?

Not bad pix- looks like a very messy scene though with lots of hoses, etc everywhere....
          haha you thought THAT was messy? That's nothing compared to what we usually end up doing.
          God Bless America!Remember all have given some, but some have given all.
          Google Is Your Friend™Helpful forum tip - a "must see" if you're new here
          Click this to search FH Forums!

Comment

While I was in the Marines during Gulf I, I Saw one of these fall off a 10' embankment...

Driver managed to open the cab door and jumped as the rig went over (stupid), lucky bastard landed in a shallow ditch as the engine compartment fell on top of him. There was nothing around to lift the rig (don't know what it weights but it has a lifting cap of 60K lbs) so we enlarged the ditch and dragged one very scared kid out, I think all he needed was a little CSID, not a scratch on him!

As to the glass in the cab of the mower, I'm pretty sure that its just regular tempered glass, no laminate or lexan.
            Last edited by Fire304; 10-21-2003, 09:11 AM.

IACOJ Fire Boat 1

Comment

For Fire304's post the same thing about tow trucks would still play. Only in this case you'd need a tank recovery vehicle instead of AAA.

-Mike

Comment

NEW "Mobile Tractor ROLLOVER Simulator"

Originally posted by rmoore
                "...I asked him if he was belted. He said "Honestly, no. But I held on real tight when the thing rolled on me." Even with a nice cab, reinforced and all like it was, I thought what if the door had flung open and he were thrown out. How foolish it would be to recover a body of a guy killed by his rollover protection becasue he wasn't wearing his seatbelt. Go Figure!!!"
                FYI:
                The Kentucky Department Of Agriculture, Farm & Home Safety Program has just deployed a "Tractor ROLLOVER Simulator" and trailer (first of its' kind), that shows quite graphically what happens to a tractor operator when this event takes place without wearing a seatbelt. In addition to the "No Seatbelt" scenario, the instructors can remove the ROPS to show the dangers an operator risk when he (or the equipment owner) removes this vital piece of safety equipment.

Here's a link to the PR:
                http://www.kyagr.com/news_events/tractorsim.htm

http://www.kyagr.com/news_events/tractorsim.htm
                Last edited by EEResQ; 11-30-2003, 03:07 AM.
                Remember, please be SAFE out there!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                Working...
                X