X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPFDRum
    replied
    Chief,
    Go with the high pressure equipment. It allows for the tools to be smaller, lighter and more manageable; yet still have incredible cutting or spreading force. It also takes less people to deploy and operate the equipment. So if that's a concern, this could be a solution.
    Back in the day, low pressure tools had a big edge on high pressure. That being tool speed. But with todays new high volume, high pressure pumps, that isn't an issue anymore.
    Two high pressure tools I have had good luck with are the TNT system and Holmatro. Both have a great reputation and many accessories.
    A bigger question you may need to answer is: do you want a combo head (spreader/cutter) or separate tools for each job? The comb tool has its it's uses, and it is 2 tools for the price of 1. In many occasions, popping doors, roof flaps, it works well. If you live in an area that may not experience any high speed wrecks, this may be all you need. But it does have its limitations.
    If you live in an area that has high speed wrecks, or a rural area with limited mutual aid, and etc, go with the separate tools to do each dedicated job.
    What ever you chose, have the reps come out and test as many as you can. In most cases, they are more than happy to come out and demonstrate. If anything else, it's good training!

Leave a comment:

• chief12
    started a topic high or low pressure extrication tools

high or low pressure extrication tools

My small department recently received a traffic safety grant for a complete set of extrication tools. I don't know much about tools and I was wondering if high pressure tools were better than low pressure. Also,which tool manufacturers offer the best warrany? Any response would be helpful. Thanks

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X