TNT Rescue confined space cutter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would ya,could ya, did ya?

Sfd,I believe you and I had this discussion somewhere in the past but here I go.Yes I have run the Powerhawk on several occasions.The best I could ever get out of it was 1.5 cars.Due in part to not being totally familiar with the tool I'm sure.I did come to the following conclusions.If you don't have a tool,it's a lot better than nothing or a hand tool.If you're used to the class of equipment I operate regularly,it pales in comparison.I live in a rural area with a lot of heavy duty traffic,and oodles of trees.We use Holmatro equipment,not that I regard it as the last word in tools but they certainly have served us well.In NO WAY shape or manner will the 'hawk perform some of the severe metal moving I've had to do in my career here.Plus Holmatro has come out with a couple nifty goodies that allow you to work in extremely tight areas.If the Powerhawk works for you and your needs,far be it from me to advise you to look elsewhere.The system does not meet the needs of my Dept. in my opinion and in the opinion of other officers in the Dept.Additionally I'm not a big fan of cordless anything although they certainly have their place.For a Metro type outfit I think the tool would fill a gap but for a majority of the jobs we do I prefer hyds.The ability to use the 'hawks powerpak for other purposes certainly adds to it's value.T.C.

Comment

Perhaps we can solve all the confusion here and say we're talking about "restricted space" vs. confined space -- you know "I got a piece of metal stuck somewhere it really shouldnt be and I need you to get it out.... "

I can't recall seeing any of those types of tools. Can you or somebody else in this forum post a link so I can check them out.
      If you look back at my original post I make reference to being able to place the control head (i.e 'trigger') anywhere along your line of hoses and actually if you look at the original post of this thread you have a link to a photo of a tool with this feature.

FYI to all TNT users... a rep I spoke to at one of the big expo type shows told me TNT was working on the spreader equivalent of this restricted space cutter. I'll be curious to see if it comes to life and how it works!

Stay Safe!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X