TNT Rescue confined space cutter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TNT Rescue confined space cutter

Just wondering if anyone has TNT's confined space cutter and if so do you like it?????To see a picture go to the link and scroll down.

http//www.tntrescue.com/Ocutters.htm
    nrz2334
    Just my view

I would rather push my Seagrave than drive your Pierce!!

TNT Rescue The Best!!!!!!!

Confined space cutter

I don't know if you are currently using TNT, but I would definitely take a look at the 2 links below. These are products offered by American Rescue Technology, it is the Genesis equipment. Any questions about these, let me know I have used both and know a great deal about them. The 2nd link shows a tool, that is completely self contained, and the head swivels 360 degrees. Excellent for Technical Rescue, Confined Spaces, HazMat Ops.......

Andy
    [email protected]

http://www.art4rescue.com/Tools/cutt...ini_cutter.htm
    http://www.art4rescue.com/Tools/firs.../handvario.htm

Comment

WE HAVE HAD OUR TNT TOOLS FOR ABOUT 4 YEARS NOW. SO FAR SO GOOD. WHEN WE FIRST ORDERED THEM THE MINI CUTTER WAS NOT AVAILABLE WITH A CONTROL VALVE SO WE HAD TO USE A HAND PUMP, SIMILIAR TO A PORTA-POWER PUMP. THIS WAS NOT THE BEST SET UP BUT IT DID WORK. TNT TOLD US THAT THEY WERE WORKING ON A REMOTE VALVE AND THAT IT WOULD BE HOOKED TO THE GAS POWER UNIT. SURE ENOUGH THE NEW VALVE CAME IN THE MAIL A FEW MONTHS LATER ALONG WITH A SECTION OF HOSE. VERY NICE. THERE IS ENOUGH HOSE THAT THE VALVE CAN BE AWAY FOM THE CUTTER SO YOU CAN GET INTO SOME SMALL PLACES. WE HAVE USED IT TO CUT BRAKE PEDALS, GEAR SHIFTERS, STEERING WHEEL RINGS, REBAR, AND WINDOW FRAMES. HOPE THIS HELPS.
      IACOJ - Senior Jake

Comment

Question?

Why would you want to bring Hazardous Materials into a confined space environment? i.e. hydraulic fluid. Check-out www.powerhawk.com find the dealer in your area and request a demo. If you want a nonbias opinion, contact the guys from Spec Rescue and ask them for their thoughts about the tool. It's great for confined space, remote rescue, auto extrication and R.I.T. team operations. It's probrably the fastest deployed tool on the market that covers all the bases in one tool.

SFDENG2

Comment

FYI

FYI TNT does not use hydrolic fluid in ther tools they use mineral oil check the facts before making statements about hazardous materials.
          nrz2334
          Just my view

I would rather push my Seagrave than drive your Pierce!!

TNT Rescue The Best!!!!!!!

Comment

From the PowerHawk website....

"The carrying case is fully vented to allow any hydrogen gas exhausted by the battery to safely diffuse without dangerous buildups."
            Wouldn't hyrdrogen gas in a confined space become a hazard?
            "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Comment

New Thread

NRZ2334, Bones42,

Guys, I started a new Thread for this discussion. NRZ2334 is looking for info about the TNT Cutter and I didn't want to clutter his Thread with this discussion.

SFDENG2

Comment

We have a full set of TNT tools including the confined space cutter and have had absolutely no complaints. The little cutter gets in some pretty tight places for pedals, etc. I like that you are not bound by anything other than the amount of hose you carry on your apparatus. What I mean is the control head can be place anywhere along the line (i.e. directly to the cutter 15' away or 50' away or anywhere in between depending on your hose lengths)

Hope this helps!

Comment

Not close

Nothing currently produced by Powerhawk will fit in and /or operate in the limited space of the TnT tool in question.Also correct is the type of hyd. fluid being used.There are but a few true confined/or narrow space cutters available and depending on your definition of confined space(not the OHSA version)I don't consider the "hawk in this group as it can't be remotely operated.Again,just my opinion.T.C.

Comment

I think we are confusing 2 differant kinds of "confined". In the extrication world confined means a tight area, such as the victims foot under the brake pedal, a gear shift knob into a rib cage, a really awkward place where your interior guy has to stand on his head the perform the needed cut. It is my belief that is what "extrication confined space cutters" do. We are not talking about fuel tanks, manholes or the "osha" confined spaces. And yes, the TNT cutter designed for this job is an excellant tool.

Zmag

Comment

Res101,

According to the origonal post on this thread, all that was mentioned was "Confined Space". Which led me to believe we were talking about the OSHA interpretation. You're right PowerHawk is not the tool for "Confined Auto Extrication" such as a foot stuck under a pedal.

As for the remote operations statement. I'm wondering what you mean by "the hawk can't be remotely operated"? The "PowerHawk" can go more places than a hydraulic tool.

And I agree 100% with Zmag's last posting.

I wonder, Where have you seen the Powerhawk in use and have you ever used it?

SFD

Comment

SFD, remoteley operated meaning the actuating trigger/handle/device is a distance away from the cutting/spreading end. There are some tools out there that allow a hose to be between the cutting/spreading end and the "trigger", which allows for operation in an even smaller area.
                        "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Comment

Remote Control

Bones,

I can't recall seeing any of those types of tools. Can you or somebody else in this forum post a link so I can check them out.

thanks,

SFD

Comment

A very good picture is at www.tntrescue.com, click on "cutters" then page down to see the "Confined Space Cutter" The tool that you hold and work with is ONLY the cutter itself, the operating valve is in between your tool and power plant with whatever length of hose you need. Yes, this may be a two man job, but getting back to my "interior guy standing on his head situation" a remote operator is a good thing. Another beauty of the TNT system is that it is comaptable (o geess, here we go with a whole new thread again) with all other systems. You can order one of these cutters to go with your Amkus, Holmatro, Hurst or whatever. It is not the one and only stand alone cutter, but it sure is a nice addition.

Zmag

Comment

Originally posted by Zmagrescue
                              Another beauty of the TNT system is that it is comaptable (o geess, here we go with a whole new thread again) with all other systems. You can order one of these cutters to go with your Amkus, Holmatro, Hurst or whatever.
                              Interesting. Very cool.
                              God Bless America!Remember all have given some, but some have given all.
                              Google Is Your Friend™Helpful forum tip - a "must see" if you're new here
                              Click this to search FH Forums!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X