Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air bag nets?

HI,

I noticed in an earlier thread on the capacitor drain time that someone mentioned that they used air bag nets.

Our brigade says that the standard steering wheel devices here in the UK are too bulky and expensive.

So would anyone have any info they could share with me, or know of where I could get some info?

Thanks in advance

Gareth

Did not see the air bag net thread but we use a steering wheel cover for extrication made by Halmatro. It certainly is not bulky and takes about ten seconds to deploy. Someone can correct me if I am wrong I think it cost 100-200US range.

Comment

I believe the agency is NTSB but they do not recommend restraining an air bag by any fashion. Always use your 5-10-20 rule. I was at a dept that had this little hammer thing that had a ice pic that protruded from an opening in the handle end. The sales guy told thid dept that it was for puncturing undeployed airbags. I told them the best thing to do is to break that off and not take a chance in puncturing an undeployed bag , cause it to go off and lord knows what could happen.

My biggest thing is for people to THINK.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X