Need some help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help...

My volly dept is currently without extrication tools, but I am trying to fix that. We have a major Interstate running through our area, and the need for extrication is there. I am just wondering what it would cost to outfit out dept with the tools, plus if anyone knows of any grants we can apply for to help cover the cost. Thanks!

i know the feeling. we just got approval for a grant through the texas forestary service here. we've been shopping around getting prices and demos and the appox price for a full set is going for about $15,000.00. if going the way of a combi tool it is less, we heard one price of $7,000.00 which seems very cheap but i can't verify that. prices may be better or worse in your area.

for grants, in our state we the the state health department that does grants, the forestary service and some electrical companies that have grants. if at first you don't succeed, try try again.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

Comment

$15,000! I wish. Spreader, cutter, couple rams, power units, hoses, etc. came to around $28,000. And remember, that is only the hydraulic tools, which is one part of what is needed. Cribbing, stabilization struts, training, glass tools, sawzalls, training, air bags?, air tools, etc. are all part of what should be carried. It's great to start small and something is better than nothing, but if you are covering a major interstate, you have to plan for the big wrecks....multiple cars, trucks, buses, etc.

Good Luck and Stay Safe.

Ryan - my other company bought a $7000 combi tool. It's a small tool with a small power unit. It works, but I would not want to count on it without having a backup set of tools. It works great for popping a door and cutting some A posts, but not much more.
      "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Comment

I want to know what you are buying with $28000. I put together a set of spreaders, cutters, simo pump, ram, hoses, rescue jacks, cribbing, chain binder, and sawsaw for $23000. and the tools were only $18000.
        A few serving a great many. Thats our job and it's not for the money.

Comment

POwer Hawks

Take at alook at the Power Hawk rescue tool. It is Not quite as expensive and they have financing. It will do most of the Basic extrication things you may need to do . If you go with this tool you may still need some help coming with a big set of toys just incase they cant handle it. But we have not come acrossed one yet that they havent been able to handle.
          Everything that I post is my opinion only, none of this should be taken as fact.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X