No announcement yet.

FDIC 2011 Extrication Things of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We do it a little different. Honda powered pump,two 65' reels. Pump is mounted in the Engine so by pulling one pin and rolling the tray out,you can make the unit PORTABLE. Best of both worlds. T.C.
    Last edited by Rescue101; 04-10-2011, 06:35 PM.

Comment

My only thought on this has nothing to do with brand. I just feel that apparatus today spend way too much time in the fix it shop to attach anything to them. I guess I am just getting old, but with so many computers, electronic controls, emission management devices and the loads of other CRAP that are mandated, they just don't hold up like they used too. Our trucks purchased in the last ten years spend a third of the year in the shop, albeit for two - three days or week at a time, but too much!
      I don't see it as a wise decision to tie up any extra money or equipment in something you can't use all the time, unless it is easily moved from one rig to another. It is a great idea if the trucks were built like they once were, back when all we did was change the oil regularly for 20 years and repack the pump seals now and again.
      But, I never thought I'd be typing on a computer then either...

I guess I will go take my fiber pill, put the BenGay ointment on my achy knees and back and go to bed before it gets too late.................

Comment

sharp edge protection
        Attached Files
        Last edited by williambettonviel; 04-12-2011, 02:34 AM.

Comment

sharp edges and RescueProtectionSet.com

Originally posted by rmoore View Post
          At FDIC, there were three companies selling what is referred to as a "glass management product". The three products, ProtectoWrap, Packexe, and GlassKeeper, are all adhesive materials designed to be applied to a window to help contain tempered glass when you break it. I'll show pictures of each but want to mention one now; ProtectoWrap.

What was unique about this one of the three products is that it was the thickest material; 25 mils. It was however the only one of the three that was not see-through clear. What catches my eye about ProtectoWrap was that its' thickness allows it to do a great job as 'sharps protection'. I photographed one of the cars that was used for extrication training during the conference where ProtectoWrap had been applied to the cut A-pillar and the base of the B-pillar.

I like what I see. A distinct bright yellow & red color, a thick 25 mil material, and an adhesive that works in the wet, the cold, and the heat. In fact, once pressed firmly onto the metal of a car, it's quite an effort get it off if you're trying to show its' holding power.

Anyway, here are two examples of how this product designed for glass management during tempered window breaking can assist with making the scene safer as well.
          Hello mr. R.Moore,

For glassmanagement a very good product but for the sharp edges it will not work properly. For the right way have a look at our website, www.rescueprotectionset.com and let me now your opinion. We have also a very new product in the same line to protect the victim/patient during an extrication. At the FDIC we were presented by TenCate.

Regarding forward to have contact with you.

William Bettonviel
          Attached Files
          Last edited by williambettonviel; 04-12-2011, 02:27 AM.

Comment

Nice advertisement.....have you read the T.o.S. lately?
            "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Comment

Originally posted by scooby0066 View Post
              KNOWING that its a personal/departmental preference, i have never been a fan of hydraulic tools powered of the rescue. Then again, I believe modern rescue techniques have also called for the elimination of the tools staging area for most extrications.
              Can you explain that a little bit more? Not so much the Apparatus-powered tools, which is explained later.. but how modern techniques remove the need to stage tools.
              So you call this your free country
              Tell me why it costs so much to live
              -3dd

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse