Chain/Come Along Tieback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chain/Come Along Tieback

How many of you out there do tiebacks on side resting vehicles? Most places around here will use struts or step chocks and a winch but I've recently seen some places doing tiebacks with chain and a come along.

If you do tiebacks, do you have any SOPs/training materials you would be willing to share? I'm interested in learning more.

Thanks.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Using a powered winch to load the struts for a tie-back is a BAD IDEA. There have been a couple of instances around me where cars have been hauled back over onto their wheels by the winch.

We always use a hand winch, either 20k pound straps or wire come-alongs, with chains to complete the tie-back on the dirty side of the car. Shims and cribbing are used on both the clean and dirty side to initially stabalize.

Comment

Originally posted by rangerbob View Post
      Using a powered winch to load the struts for a tie-back is a BAD IDEA. There have been a couple of instances around me where cars have been hauled back over onto their wheels by the winch.

We always use a hand winch, either 20k pound straps or wire come-alongs, with chains to complete the tie-back on the dirty side of the car. Shims and cribbing are used on both the clean and dirty side to initially stabalize.
      That thought had crossed my mind and luckily my department is not one of the ones in the area that uses the winch to load the struts.

Thanks for the help.
      These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Comment

Originally posted by rangerbob View Post

UNLESS the Winch solenoid sticks, I don't know WHY this would be happening. ALL winches are designed to be CONTROLLABLE. T.C.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X