What can I use to cut this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can I use to cut this?

I was at an extrication the other day and we came across a post that our cutter had a hard time putting a scratch in. It was on a new Mercedes SUV but I dont remember the model. When we looked closer, the metal was a greenish color. We talked to the local Mercedes dealer and he said it was probably a new alloy called Criptinyte that is being used. I've never heard of it, so I thought I would turn to all of the experts on the firehouse forums to see if you could help me identify this exotic steel, if anyone else has come across it or heard of it and who makes a tool that can cut it, because thats the one we need to buy- and fast! Please help!

what kind of tool was you using and how old is it?

Comment

Criptinyte? Really? I think this guy was making fun of you. Kryptonite is the only material that can overcome Superman's strength. And guess what? It is green.

Trouble is, kryptonite isn't real, and no spelling of criptinyte/ criptynite/whatever can be found by a Yahoo search.

This guy was just being a jerk. They're probably still laughing at you.

Or............

You are trying to prank us. No bites on this cast.
      “I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.”
      ― Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by EastKyFF View Post
        Criptinyte? Really? I think this guy was making fun of you. Kryptonite is the only material that can overcome Superman's strength. And guess what? It is green.

Trouble is, kryptonite isn't real, and no spelling of criptinyte/ criptynite/whatever can be found by a Yahoo search.

This guy was just being a jerk. They're probably still laughing at you.

Or............

You are trying to prank us. No bites on this cast.
        Yeah I figured this much I was gonna play along for a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluelightsandbrushbuggies View Post
          We talked to the local Mercedes dealer and he said it was probably a new alloy called Criptinyte that is being used.
          HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

hahahahahah

hahahah

hah

lol

Ok, now that I got that out of my system... I can't tell if this guy is real, or created this account for purpose of a joke. If it's real, PLEASE tell me how you even have internet access, yet they haven't invented to moving picture thing there yet. If it's a joke, thank you, it was hysterical.
          Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Comment

Obviously your laser vision.... duh.
            I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X