NFPA standards for extrication PPE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFPA standards for extrication PPE

I was recently asked if there were any NFPA standards that would apply to one or two piece extrication suits. I don’t have access to the full NFPA standards without doing some traveling. So was wondering if anyone has already done any research on this and knows the answer. After looking at a few of the websites of the manufactures some of them reference NFPA 1951 and others mention NFPA 1999. 1951 looks like it might apply, but as I mentioned I can only read the small blurb that they have on the NFPA website without subscribing to them. 1999 looks like it pertains more to the EMS side. Any help would be appreciated.

You can read the complete text of any current NFPA code online at their website.
    "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"
    sigpic
    The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

Comment

The "subscription" you have to have to view the standards is no cost. You just put in a login, password, and some other minor information. You don't have to buy a membership.

Comment

NFPA 1951 does reference coveralls - and is the Standard on Protective Ensembles for Technical Rescue Incidents ...so that would be one to use -

1999 is the Standard on Protective Clothing for Emergency Medical Operations - so that may not apply as much.....I haven't looked through it.....

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X