Duct Tape & Tempered Glass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old school is wrong because its old?

Like I said, I've yet to have or even hear of a problem.

Managing properly is the key phrase in your post. I'd prefer to leave the glass in the door then to use duct tape, break the window and capture some of the glass.
    rmoore
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Last edited by rmoore; 11-10-2010, 09:02 PM.
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Comment

Old school of thought. ie. We have done it one way for so long so why consider safer ways/ better ways?
      rmoore
      MembersZone Subscriber

Comment

Originally posted by jeeves1 View Post
        Old school of thought. ie. We have done it one way for so long so why consider safer ways/ better ways?
        Prove its better and safer and I'll consider it.

My experience is that its time consuming, unneccesary and messy.

You don't know me, but if you did, you would know that I'm not opposed to progress, just not for "progress" sake.
        I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Comment

On my dept we try to waste no time, we cover patient and responder inside and pop them all but front and rear. Boom done takes about ten seconds and never had a problem with glass other than it not being broke yet. When our responder first gets in they check rolling window down, trys once and if no go then windows go. But this is in Minnesota and we do things funny up here

Comment

I'm with you. I have never been cut or seen anyone cut by broken tempered glass. We do remove all glass, but only the windshield bears any attention beyond just bustin' it. If the patient is covered, it's not a problem.
            rmoore
            MembersZone Subscriber
            “I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.”
            ― Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefKN View Post
              Prove its better and safer and I'll consider it.

My experience is that its time consuming, unneccesary and messy.

You don't know me, but if you did, you would know that I'm not opposed to progress, just not for "progress" sake.
              I'm with you. I have never been cut or seen anyone cut by broken tempered glass. We do remove all glass, but only the windshield bears any attention beyond just bustin' it. If the patient is covered, it's not a problem.
              “I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.”
              ― Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X