Chevrolet VOLT 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chevrolet VOLT 2011

A question came up related to the new Chevrolet VOLT extended range plug-in electric vehicle from a reader who is following the VOLT series I have been writing. Specifically, I think everyone is aware that this new model car has extensive ultra-high strength steel within its crashworthy structure. The point I want to make however is that the door hinges, the door latch mechanisms, and all parts of the door itself (except the collision beam inside the door cavity) are NOT made of these Advanced Steels. All these items are standard, mild steel and can be dealt with just as we have done for ever on jammed door opening or door removal tasks.

Here is the VOLT that I cut up with members of Chicago FD as part of a live demonstration at Fire Rescue International in Chicago.
    Attached Files
    Ron Moore, Forum Moderator
    www.universityofextrication.com

This is the same 2011 VOLT from the Chicago extrication demonstration that is now traveling across the US as part of the VOLT First Responder Safety Tour. GM officials are presenting free half-day train-the-trainer programs in the six markets that the VOLT will be sold in during 2011; LA, San Fran, Austin TX, Wash DC, NY/NJ, and Michigan.

Comment

2011 Chevrolet VOLT demonstration vehicle shown while at Austin TX FD Training Center.
      Attached Files

Comment

I didn't know they came in Convertible,hehe T.C.

Comment

$48,000 worth of scrap. Way to go Ron!!
          Steve Dragon
          FFII, Fire Instructor II, Fire Officer I, Fire Appartus Driver Operator Certified
          Volunteers are never "off duty".
          http://www.bufd7.org

Comment

Hey Ron, How did you make the fore/aft cut along the roof of the passenger side? Looks pretty smooth, maybe a metal cutting circular saw?

Take Care!
            Smitty
            Boronextrication.com

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse