Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rescue101
    replied
    DRI. For diving under ALL conditions. T.C.

Leave a comment:

• dopey
    replied
    I disagree - I think PADI does a fine job of training actually. Yes, the more basic certifications are for people to scuba on vacation or for leisure, etc. But they get serious when they get into Rescue Diver certification. In my experience that is.

Leave a comment:

• ADSNWFLD
    replied
    I know PADI has a class that they claim is for us. Go find out who the instructors are. Is he a professional in the area of public safety diving? Has he done what we do, at 0300 in the freezing rain, with family desperately hoping he will save their loved one?
    Don't get me wrong PADI is a fine organization for recreational and some technical diving but the others DRI, ERDI, LGS train public safety divers. I would strongly suggest you stick with one of them.

Leave a comment:

• CaptOldTimer
    replied
    http://www.padi.com/scuba/padi-cours...r/default.aspx

http://www.diverescueintl.com/Trainer_Programs.aspx

Leave a comment:

• bvfd1927
    replied
    PADI does have a Public Safety Diver certification.

Leave a comment:

• ADSNWFLD
    replied
    PADI is not an organization you want to go to if you want to be a public safety diver. They train people to tickle fish tummies not do the work of a PSD.
    Go to Dive Rescue International, ERDI, Lifeguard systems to learn our trade. The recreational places PADI, NAUI, YMCA are great for basic SCUBA skills but not for our job. The rescue diver certification is a class designed to teach you how to help your buddy on a recreational dive. It is not a PSD cert. I know PADI is attempting to put something out there for us, but I would avoid it. DRI and I'm sure ERDI and LGS have professionals from our field teaching classes, not some dive shop attempting to make another buck off of you. Sometimes they may have a relation to a dive shop but they still are one of us passing on the information.

Leave a comment:

• pasobuff
    replied
    I got my open water certification through PADI - they also have rescue diving certifications.....

Leave a comment:

• SPFDRum
    replied
    I went through DRI/Dive Rescue International. I thought they did a great job. See if there are any classes close to your location.

Dive Rescue International

Leave a comment:

• FIREguy2011
    started a topic how to get Dive Rescue Certified???

how to get Dive Rescue Certified???

How would this come about? I want to further my abilities to expand my rescue techniques.

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X