• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orlando Fla--Woman who passes hijack note on plane arrested

Plane passenger busted in Orlando after passing threatening note

Associated Press, June 05, 2003 - 04:43 PM

----------------------
    ORLANDO, Fla.
    An airline passenger who allegedly threatened to hijack the plane was arrested Thursday after the plane landed without incident at Orlando International Airport.

During the Comair 5563 flight from Greensboro, N.C., a woman passed a note to a flight attendant that "caused some concern," said Carolyn Fennell, spokeswoman for the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority.

When the plane landed at 2:42 p.m. EDT, it was sent to a remote part of the airport and boarded by federal authorities, who arrested the woman. Her name was not immediately released.

"Her mental stability is in question at this time," said Transportation Security Administration spokeswoman Lauren Stover.

The plane, which carried 42 passengers and three crew members, then continued to its gate without further incident. There, authorities questioned the passengers and crew, and searched the plane.

Comair is a regional carrier for Delta Air Lines.
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X