Water/Ice Rescue SOGs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water/Ice Rescue SOGs

We are looking at getting equipment and training for water and ice rescue operations. Would like to see some SOGs that we can use for a guideline. Along with any helpful suggestions. Also what equipment would you reccomend for these types of situations. If you can send a copy by e-mail please send to: [email protected] or [email protected] If you can not send a file through e-mail let me know and I will get you an address you can send it to. Thank you for any assistance.
    Last edited by LtTim556; 02-14-2007, 11:49 AM.
    Vintage Firefighter: The older I get, the braver I was.

E-mail sent to AOL address.
    Weekly updates on the world of rope:

http://rescue2training.com/journal.html

Comment

ice rescue

Take a ice water rescue course they will outline sogs and teach you some need to know things. It is well worth the money

Comment

Hey all,

Our agency routinely has to do operations in and around swift water canals and "rivers" (I use the term lightly, but for the purpose of this discussion it applies ).
        From a risk management point of view, we are looking at carrying rescue rated PFDs and maybe even throw bags, as there are several occasions where we arrive "first", or get transported to a patient by boat.
        We have no intention of ever entering the water, or of replacing the local dive team and their apparatus.

But we want to be safe, and CYA from a liablitity and public point of view.

SO, What I am looking for is a "Water rescue awareness level" (for lack of a better term) class or guideline and/or training recomendations.

Please feel to reply or email at :

[email protected]

And yes we intend to go through the local dive team, but I wanted some third party opinions, for various reasons it wouldnt be PC to mention here, and wanted to be sure what we are told is correct.

Thanks
        Steve

Paramedic, CCEMT-P, Geek

"Boldness is like a condom. If you depend on it all the time, no matter how good it is, and no matter how good you are, eventually it will break. "

Comment

Hey all,

Our agency routinely has to do operations in and around swift water canals and "rivers" (I use the term lightly, but for the purpose of this discussion it applies ).
          From a risk management point of view, we are looking at carrying rescue rated PFDs and maybe even throw bags, as there are several occasions where we arrive "first", or get transported to a patient by boat.
          We have no intention of ever entering the water, or of replacing the local dive team and their apparatus.

But we want to be safe, and CYA from a liablitity and public point of view.

SO, What I am looking for is a "Water rescue awareness level" (for lack of a better term) class or guideline and/or training recomendations.

Please feel to reply or email at :

[email protected]

And yes we intend to go through the local dive team, but I wanted some third party opinions, for various reasons it wouldnt be PC to mention here, and wanted to be sure what we are told is correct.

Thanks
          Steve

Paramedic, CCEMT-P, Geek

"Boldness is like a condom. If you depend on it all the time, no matter how good it is, and no matter how good you are, eventually it will break. "

Comment

Sent you an e-mail.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...