Non-FD Rescue Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-FD Rescue Team

Can anyone point me to the NFPA / NIOSH / OSHA regs concerning FD presence on a MVA scene during rescue - extrication operations?

We are a non-FD Rescue Team, county-wide, complimentary services to six VFDs that only 'squirt water'. Being dispatched by our 911 center (Sheriff), our basic problem is getting ther FDs 'invited'. We want them there, and the FDs have all indicated numerous times they want to be there to back us up and provide us with the 'just-in-case' fire protection. But we can't seem to get the Sheriff to understand that they need to page out the FDs for accidents. (The Sheriff thinks there are too many responders on the scene). I'm trying to gather info to help support our position.

fire department should always be dispatched on a extrication for fire suppression. all departments i know dispatch the fire department

Comment

Forget the national standards and regs - check your state laws on emergency response.

In states I'm familiar with, the Fire Department has legal jurisdiction at fire, motor vehicle accident, and hazmat scenes.
      aVERT - a Vertical Emergency Response Training
      To Avert Disaster in the Vertical Environment

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...