Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCBA To Air Tool Regulators

Question for everyone..

Just wondering how many departments out there are using the SCBA to air tool regulators? If so how would you rate there performance? How long do they last when used with an air hammer? Also, what models are you using? Thanks for your input.

In A collapse class that I had they showed us the effect of shoring. But when you hammer in a nail the stress and vibrations are enough to rattle the buildeing down to the ground. If you use one of those nail guns you save a lot of trouble. The one they used was like an air hammer that you had to hold the nail. Very nice. Air chisels are nice on corvettes I hear.
    J
    It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Comment

Regulators

I think your question was about regulators themselves. My home department in Philadelphia burbs and PA-TF1 uses a host of Paratech products. We have the Airgun 40 and the Pakhammer 90, as well as rescue struts and airbags. Paratech uses a spring style regulator (Paratechs will handle up to 6000psi.) as opposed to a diaphragm style. The Paratech regulator hold up incredibly well in all types of weather and for long periods of continuous use. We took an old scba harness and have it set up just for the airgun 40. We do have a small AJAX 911 kit, but we don't use it very much compaired to the power of the Paratech equipment. My personal recommendation is the spring style regulators. Weed

Comment

I'm going of memory and rough estimates for how long an SCBA bottle will last. An Airgun 40 at 100 PSI uses around 5 cfm of air. A 1 hour Scott bottle (4500 psi) has almost 100 cubic feet of air. So it has around a 20 minute use time on one bottle.
        Weekly updates on the world of rope:

http://rescue2training.com/journal.html

Comment

Originally posted by DCFDRescue2
          I'm going of memory and rough estimates for how long an SCBA bottle will last. An Airgun 40 at 100 PSI uses around 5 cfm of air. A 1 hour Scott bottle (4500 psi) has almost 100 cubic feet of air. So it has around a 20 minute use time on one bottle.
          That sounds about right.

I just picked one up recently, and an air ratchet spent a 2216 bottle in about 7 minutes of continous use.
          Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X