Looking for Sog's for swiftwater rescue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Sog's for swiftwater rescue

My department is currently establishing a swiftwater componet to our rescue team. All members have completed a 40 hr swiftwater rescue class this year and will be attending more in 07. At this time, I am looking for copies of any SOG's for Swiftwater rescue to use as a guide. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also looking for a good brand of drysuits to purchase. Any advise would be helpful. Thanks.

I have one. Where do you want me to send it?

Comment

contact info

Oldandwise071 or anyone else can contact me via e-mail at [email protected]. Thanks. thought that I had my e-mail set to show up.

Comment

Sog / Program

SOG'S are a good way of getting info off to the members and something to fall on when you need to. But I would suggest putting together a water Rescue program which will state the who, what, when, how? It should include the training outline to the "GO Entry" team method. I put one together for my department and from there then you can put together a SOG. It includes the minimum manpower for a "go entry" what equipment neeeded etc. Let me know and i will send you a copy

Comment

To JAFA62

I would greatly appreciate a copy of the water program to review and come up with some ideas. You can e-mail to [email protected]. Thankyou scfd405

Comment

I am also attempting a rewriting of our department's SOG's and attempting to implement a Swiftwater Rescue program. I recently received my SRT-1 Certification and want to promote and improve our current system. Any information you can send would be greatly appreciated. If anybody has copies of SOG's and/or current department programs, could you email me a copy to [email protected].

Thanks, and good luck to all!

Jeff

Comment

You might glean some useful info from the following:

California OES SAR Swiftwater MA Guidelines

LACoFD Swiftwater Training

Comment

Try contacting the folks at Rescue 3 VA(http://rescue3va.com) George Lewis can probably send you his department's SOG's. He used to be the main swift water guy for Fairfax County VA. Very knowledgeable.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                Working...
                X