Nfpa 1670?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nfpa 1670?

What kinds of PPE are required be 1670 for a confined space entry/rescue?

Right now, we're using turnouts, helmets, leather work boots, safety glasses, class three harnesses, and leather gloves (as well as a SABA system with 5 min. escape packs). Does this meet the requirements?

I know, I know; "don't you have a copy of 1670 of your own?" No, we don't. And with the budget the way it is, we won't be getting one for a while (in fact, we've been told that layoffs are very possible). I'm just trying to make sure we can meet all of the requirements and standards during these tough times. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Confined space and trench is easy to look up, we have to follow the OSHA regs http://www.osha.gov/

In technical rescue turn outs are rarely the ppe of choice. They limit mobility and are hot raising heat stress. Depending on the space, level B suits, overalls, just plain work uniforms may do it for you. Steel toed shoes are important, class 3 harness with retreval system and the other basic ppe is needed. When you can I'd go with a higher capacity escape bottle. Even a relativly simple confined space could take longer then the 5 minutes to get out.

Just because we are firefighters it doesn't mean our fire gear is the only ppe we should wear.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
    Working...
    X