Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

OK brothers and sisters, go rescue him!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK brothers and sisters, go rescue him!

you pull up to this Arborist, he is 115 ft up unknown reason for not being able to get down. As always worst case and you have no aerial ladder access.. oh and no you cant call for a heli or cut the tree down and drag the body out of the mess! What is your size up report? what will you be adding or having come straight in? What gear will be used and technique used? GO!
    Attached Files

Hey, no problem...I've read a slew of messages about fire departments choosing to NOT rescue cats...soooooo, let him come down on his own!! When he gets hungry he'll come down, isn't that what some guys say about cats?? My cats are my kids and I take care of them as such. This guy is not related to me so why should I worry about him??

Comment

Gaining access to the subject will be the hardest part, looking at the tree from this angle. Probably start with the tallest extension ladder available and then use a combination of climbing techniques, trailing a belay line from below and placing slings for anchors along the climb at branches. So on the climb carry a supply of slings and carabiners, along with a primary rope to effect the rescue, and either a commercial victim harness or a 30 section of webbing to create a harness on the subject. Probably has on an arborist's belt/harness, but there are no guarantees in this case. So climb to the subject, set up a false crotch anchor higher than the subject with either a carabiner or a steel ring, place the primary rescue line through the ring or carabiner as a double line with both ends of the rope reaching the ground. May have to snake the rope through the branches a little, and may have to manipulate it during the descent. My preference is a brake bar rack, others may prefer a figure eight device. Depends on weight of the load (rescuer and subject) and personal preference. Pick him off and then walk him down the tree, guiding him around the obstacles. The original belay line which was used for fall protection will serve as a safety belay. If there is no extreme hurry getting to the ground, the carabiners and slings can be collected during the descent. If the subject decides to hold on, the weight of two people will generally coerce him into descending. Any equipment which must be left behind can be retrieved with another climb or can be retrieved by the next arborist to work the tree. My inclination is to grab the hardware, and not worry so much about the webbing. The main rope can then be retrieved by pulling on one end and it will feed through the steel link at the top.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X