Griphoist vs. come along

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Griphoist vs. come along

I was wondering if anyone could layout the differences between a Griphoist and a come along. It seems that the Griphoist is a lot more versatile but I've never been able to use one. Is there anything a come along can do that a Griphoist can't and vice versa. Also what are some of the common uses of a Griphoist?

Big differences, but different advantages to each. The biggest griphoist is more like a portable winch. The TU-32 uses 5/8" cable and has a single line pull rating of 8000 lbs. We have a 30 and 80' cable with ours so that lends some versatility as well. The come along is a great tool for smaller jobs, easier to deploy and rig (lighter and less set up).

Comment

have both. The griphoist is best in most applications though.

Havng used both I cant think of a place a come-a-long is preferrable excelt in limited space situations. Like Halligan says, the various cable lengths are a huge plus. Also the griphoist is easy to operate, unlike the come-a-long with its ratchets and buttons that guys just cant seem to master. Think of a griphoist more like the ultimate manual portable winch.
      Last edited by MG3610; 03-20-2011, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MG3610 View Post
        have both. The griphoist is best in most applications though.

Havng used both I cant think of a place a come-a-long is preferrable excelt in limited space situations. Like Halligan says, the various cable lengths are a huge plus. Also the griphoist is easy to operate, unlike the come-a-long with its ratchets and buttons that guys just cant seem to master. Think of a griphoist more like the ultimate manual portable winch.
        MOST Comealongs have a limited reach. Due to design a Griphoist can work on lines from 4' to 400' and beyond. Both have their place in the Toolbox. T.C.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X