X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• backsteprescue
    replied
    Originally posted by GTRider245 View Post
    Agree with the above. If you are building shoring and rakers without a FOG/SOG on your belt you are wasting time.
    Excellent post.

As members of our Regional USAR team we were issued FOG guides along with a few other textbooks on our first day of the State Structual Collapse Operations Course.

Leave a comment:

• CANFF2706
    replied
    Check out the book "Emergency Rescue Shoring Techniques" by John P. O'Connell. An excellent resource from an excellent shoring instructor that explains how and why to build all types of shoring.

Leave a comment:

• GTRider245
    replied
    Agree with the above. If you are building shoring and rakers without a FOG/SOG on your belt you are wasting time.

Leave a comment:

• PATF1engineer
    replied
    In addition to the link to the FOG manual, if you look in the Library section of www.disasterengineer.org you will also find pdf copies of the current student manuals for the federal Structural Collapse Technician course. The manuals duplicate the info in the FOG manuals, but probably provide more detail on the construction of the shores. Take a look at the ones marked SCT02a and SCT02b.

I have a few PowerPoints that I developed for the regional USAR team in Pittsburgh, but they are not updated for some of the current changes shown in the FOG and student manual. I would rather not send out outdated info, but if you are interested let me know. The files are probably too large to email, however.

Leave a comment:

• ProgressiveRescue
    replied
    Thanks DC!

Leave a comment:

• DCFDRescue2
    replied
    Here is the FOG link:

http://www.disasterengineer.org/Link...bid=57&mid=394

Here's a link to a lot of other similar resources:

http://www.disasterengineer.org/Libr...7/Default.aspx

Leave a comment:

• ProgressiveRescue
    replied
    Probably the best resource I know and use is the US Army Corp of Engineers USAR FOG Manual. This field guide will not only give you a wealth of info regarding shoring systems but step by step instructions on how to build them.
    I'm writing this post from my phone otherwise I'd post you a link. Just google USAR FOG manual and you can access the entire guide on-line.
    I'll post the link for you later on today.
    Stay Safe,
    Mike

Leave a comment:

• cpfdmiller
    started a topic Shoring help

Shoring help

i will make this fast im looking for how to,s on building raker's and all other types of shoring and have not found much luck finding anything out there so here i am can any one please help me out if you have any power points or word doc. on how to build raker's and all other types of shoring can you please send them to me im trying to put a book together for my self as a training ad or ref-sher thanks

my email is [email protected]

or if you know any good links that can help me please post on here thanks

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X