Ics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ics?

I have a group project for my hazmat class and our topic is Incident Command System. So i was wondering what every body does for ICS, is it any different then the way you do it for fire calls etc. I tried googling hazmat ICS and got a ton of sites offering an 8 hour class in ICS or where to buy $300 videos on ICS, but im not interested in that. Any ones thoughts or comments, or ideas on where i can get more information would be really appreciated. Thanx

~Jai
    ~Jaime~
    You don't recover from a life like this...
    Keene State College class of 2008... Safety Studies
    KSC ASSE

KEENE STATE RUGBY! #8... I Shed Blood for my RUGGERS! www.kscwrfc.org

Haz Mat in the ICS

29 CFR 1910.120 requires that an Incident Command System be used at a Haz Mat incident. One source of information for you would be the ICS-100 and -200 courses available for download from FEMA. Even if you can't take the courses, you can download the manuals. There is also available the blank ICS-200 forms that NIMS is asking every one to use. If you send me a PM, I have them in a compressed format and should be able to either e-mail them to you (if you have broadband), or at least tell you what web site I got them from.
    BTW, it has been quite a while since I have been through Keene. My sister graduated from Franklin Pierce. She was on the ambulance squad that responded to a barn collapse. There was a picture going around of some of her class mates that back boarded a cow. That was rather a long time ago. I'm not going to publically say how long because I don't want to give away her age.
    "Your spill is our thrill."

Comment

We use the standard ICS structure that is in ICS-100 and ICS-700 (NIMS). By using this format it also allows for the flexabilty of different scale incidents plus if you want grant money now you have to have the NIMS training. I am on a county wide hazmat team so it comes in handy when you go to different towns and even if we had to cross state lines.
      FF II, EMT-P, Hazmat Tech

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X