Radiological Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiological Info

I am a health physicist at a national laboratory. Currently, I serve on a volunteer hazmat team. Previous to that, I was a Dept. of Energy Radiological Assistance Program team captain for 12 years.

If you have questions on radiological issues, let me know.

Are you at INEEL?

Just out of curiosity, did you ever do any "hot bottle" training?

If so, what equipment did you use?

Comment

No, I am at Argonne National Laboratory-East, near Chicago.

I have never had the term "hot bottle", nor have my colleagues. Sorry.

Comment

gmosho,

Sorry, when you said Argonne I thought you might be out in Idaho. I'm a firefighter at Rocky Flats in Colorado.

We use the term "hot bottle" when an SCBA is possible contaminated and needs to be refilled or changed out. I was just curious what procedures you might use.

Thanks for replying

Comment

Someone at a conference had mentioned adding something to an old "radioactive" piece of Fiesta ware and you can actually see the electrons moving. Anyone familiar with this?

Comment

The fiesta ware is one of the OJP tricks at Ft McClellan. The coating is made out of a Uranium isotope (I think).

It is neat to see.

Comment

I worked for 17 years in Emergency Services and coordinator of HM resposne at a DOE-US contracted facility. THe term Hot bottle was used at our facilty for some time with moderate to good success. As a instructor in NJ for HM programs, specifically PPE, we did teach this tactic to new HM Techs. About 8 years we stopped this practice. It was felt to be to extreme by the committee. I am not aware that others are still practicing this tactic.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X