Meters/monitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meters/monitors

What are other departments using to monitor the invironment when responding to CO alarms, odor investigations, etc..?

Thanks in advance

I've used a few different types of monitoring equipment. MSA makes a few, one specifically for CO, the other that I have used it called the Passport II. I'm not sure if they are still making that model, but I'm sure the newer one hasn't varied much. It'll give you 4 meter reading. Percent Oxygen, Lower Explosive Level, CO, and usually another gas of your choice. I've also used a Quest. Not sure of the model number, but that one is good because it uses regular batteries. So there is no recharge needed. Also, I've used a draiger. Both the draiger and the quest had the same set up as the MSA.

Comment

We are using MSA FiveStar Alarm, mulitigas meter; MSA PID (photo ionization detector)on known chemicals; MSA Detector tubes; MSA Model 261 Combustible Gas Indicators and O2 Alarm (phasing out), and; MSA Model 62 Gas Scope for percent gas and LEL.

Yeah, we like MSA. Primarily because it is easier for us to stick to one manufacturer.

Comment

Has anyone used a Scott Scout for monitoring air? What did ya'll think? We are looking at a O2, CO, LEL and H2S (we have gas wells in our area). We have gone on a few CO calls and haven't had a device to monitor the air... had to wait for the gas company or another department to bring out a detector. It comes with either Lithium Ion batteries or can be run off 3 C-cells. Which do you prefer? We are an all volunteer department and have had trouble keeping batteries fresh.

Have a safe day

Tony Ray

Training & Safety Officer
        Bremond (TX) VFD

Comment

Check out BW Technologies - they're from Canada I believe.

Have used them a fair bit and love thgem- very easy to use and very good pricing....
          Luke

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X