This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meal Period

Hey everyone, I have a question. Our department is wanting to change our meal period from 2hrs to 1hr. How many DoD departments still have a 2hr lunch?

I worked in 3 different DoD departments- 2 Navy and 1 Army, had many contacts throughout the United States and many friends. NEVER EVER heard of a 2 hour lunch.

Tell me you are irritated about this? If so, if this is a negotiated procedure, I would have your bargaining unit request I and I bargaining.

Personally, if it were me, I would take the one hour lunch in a hearbeat over potential layoffs, running at minimum manning, etc. Don't give management any more ammunition than they need to make you guys look bad.

In all seriousness, do you really need a 2 hour lunch?
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

we have a 1.5 hour lunch period that we usually make into a 2 or 2.5 hour...

Comment

I agree with FWDBuff. Why does any department need a 2 hour lunch? The typical "duty" day starts at 0700 with a break at 1100. From 1200 to 1600 should be the remainder of the "duty" day. After 1600, it's usually downtime with the exception of night time training. So there is no excuse to say that personnel do not get sufficient time off (i.e. break time) while working a 24 hour shift.

Far too many times I have seen personnel abuse the lunch period. Granted there are times when a call comes in during that period and lunch is extended or modified to ensure everyone gets a chance to grab a bite to eat.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X