Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone in the Air Force as a firefighter?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • anyone in the Air Force as a firefighter?

    I'm currently in the Air Force DEP. I signed that contract 2 months ago and am just waiting for a position to open up and get a ship date. Is anyone here in the Air Force as a firefighter? How long does it usually take for someone in the DEP to get a ship date?

  • #2
    Air force firefighter here. Cant really say how long, but I will say that it is one of the harder AFSC's(3E731) to get into. I got really lucky when a spot opened up.

    Comment


    • #3
      Im also AF Fire and agian its hard to say how long its gonna take you to get a ship date i got really luck with mine and only had to wait 8 months.
      A1C Christopher Conroy
      USAF Firefighter
      Hickam AFB HI

      Anything I post is my opinion and mine alone my views do not represent my department, the USAF, the DOD, and/or my volunteer dept.

      Comment


      • #4
        Nope!.. no Air Force Firefighters here!

        I'm back down at Goodfellow right now for my Inspector 1 course....

        -Damien

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by DFurtman View Post
          Nope!.. no Air Force Firefighters here!

          I'm back down at Goodfellow right now for my Inspector 1 course....

          -Damien
          good luck with that. i wasn't a big fan of any of the inspector courses.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ShredddinCali View Post
            good luck with that. i wasn't a big fan of any of the inspector courses.
            2 days in and it's alright... no complaints yet.. I'd rather just get it done and out of the way.

            I just met up with one of the kids from here i mentored.. He graduates from the academy on Thursday!

            -Damien

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by DFurtman View Post
              2 days in and it's alright... no complaints yet.. I'd rather just get it done and out of the way.

              I just met up with one of the kids from here i mentored.. He graduates from the academy on Thursday!

              -Damien
              i met one one of the kids that came by our dept before he left for basic when i was in rescue ii. its kind of funny when you look at the trainees from a different standpoint, you kinda see what you looked like years back when you were going through.

              Comment


              • #8
                Our base gets screwed outta slots for rescue school here. To the OP, I waited almost 2 years in DEP to get fire protection... all depends when you DEP in.

                Comment

                300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                Collapse

                Upper 300x250

                Collapse

                Taboola

                Collapse

                Leader

                Collapse
                Working...
                X