Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too am on the Army side of the house and I just recently registered with the Air University site in the hopes of taking some of these CDC's. However, some of the classes list practical exercises in their descriptions. Are these live practicals? And where would they be hosted if they indeed do have practicals to take along side the exams?

Comment

Time out.
      The CDC's aren't going to do you any good if you are not enrolled in them through AFCESA/CDSAR or you field training manager. That is the only way you will be able to EOC and be certified on them when you are finished.
      Yes, there are live practicals after you EOC and pass the CDC (and after you complete the online courseware) you have to announce the practical dates to AFCESA 10 days out from when you will take them, your training manager usually takes care of this at www.dodffcert.com
      you will need to print out the practical guidesheet located in the CDC in the options menu.
      There have been a lot of problems with the air university CDC's not letting people finish some modules, your training guy can get a CD-rom copy of the online cdc's shipped to them from AFCESA if they ask.. but after glancing over your guy's post i don't think you are getting the process right.. you need to be enrolled in the Course and have that annotated before you can test and receive the certification, you need to go through you A/C of Training to make that happen.. if you have any more questions about the process just ask.
      -pete

Comment

I thought I mentioned that if you are not enrolled in CDSAR you cannot take the CDC's through the Air University web site.

Anyway, regarding the Air University site, as a training manager myself, I have been bombarded with several firefighters coming into my office stating that the site is either down or the CDC's are unavailable. In the fine print on the web site it states that the web based CDC's are on a first come first serve basis. That means that if the on line course is full, which currently the Mobile Water Supply course is, that particular student is unable to open their CDC and begin the course. Unfortunately, that means they are running against the clock in terms of time limits on the CDC.

Each CDC has a one (1) year time limit to complete. You have to EOC before that one year expires. You can take up to 5 years to complete your practical from the EOC completion date.

Also as previously mentioned in this thread, the on line CDC's are experiencing IT issues; i.e. modules unable to be completed, data not saved, courses not running smoothly, courses not opening correctly, etc . AFCESA is aware of most of the issues and is currently working them.

Peterbound...Unfortunately you are incorrect in stating that if the on line (web based) course is acting up, you can order the CD-Rom version. According to MILPds and CDSAR, if there is a version of the CDC out there that is web based, the multimedia has been dissolved meaning it is no longer used. Watch your CDC enrollments; the course number will end with either a M or multimedia or W for web base.

With that being said, if the student was enrolled in a multimedia course and it has since switched to the web based version and that student has not EOC'd, he or she is still able to take the multimedia EOC.

Comment

This a classic example of how the left hand and right hand are not in coordination. The Goddamn Air Force is the supposed "proponent" agency and yet, doesn't put ANY information out to the other branches. They make these screwed up rules and hoops that you have to jump through, but never give a second thought to actually disseminating this information through any normal channels. They are true belivers in hoarding knowledge as power. You boys are awesome.
          "Life is tough, but it's even tougher when you're stupid."
          John Wayne

Comment

Does your Army unit not have a training chief? That person should be in the know of this process. Best of luck!

-Damien

Comment

Sniveling Army FF

USArmyFF1,

The lack of coordination falls directly on the lap of your department. Your Fire Chief, Training Chief, Company Officers and labor organization should have a firm grasp on this process.

The "goddamn Air Force" (as you put it in your post) provides a ton of guidance and assistance to the aforementioned chiefs and officers if they ask for help. They even host a course for Training Officers at the DoD Fire Academy. Any Training Chief worth his salt should be able to sit you down and accurately explain the entire process and get you through. The DoD Certification System been around for more than 15 years and runs pretty smooth at a large number of Army, Navy and Marine Corps Fire Departments.

Quit sniveling on a public forum and do some research if you aren't getting the required guidance and assistance. I wonder where your labor organization is during this issue. Look up AR 420-1 (Chapter 25), DoD Instruction 6055.6, and DoD Manual 6055.06M for more answers.

By the way, the screwed up rules are tied to the IFSAC and ProBoard guidelines and bylaws for third party certification and are what gives our certifications their validity.

In case your wondering, I work for the Army......
              Last edited by arffnick; 06-03-2009, 09:51 PM.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X