This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gunnyv View Post
    Sitting around an Air Force base for 3 months doing busy work waiting to pick up a class can be the worst thing to happen to a new Marine.
    Getting stuck at an Army base is worse, the Army wives and daughters of the deployed guys are not as pretty and easy as the ChairForce wives and the USAF chow halls are atleast nicer than everyone's except Navy SuBases.
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Originally posted by nyckftbl
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Comment

The ARFF MOS means nothing to FDNY (and many other large depts), beyond the veteran's points.
      Ya, I explained that to him after he found out about the other "job".

Best wishes to your cousin for a safe and productive career in the Corps. Once a Marine, Always a Marine. And welcome to our Marine Corps Family.
      It has been an experience seeing him leave soon after high school as a boy and come back as a man. There is A LOT of Marine pride in that young man.
      "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Comment

Originally posted by gunnyv View Post
        Hwoods,

I've heard a few ordies who were pretty happy with their job-they get lots of time around the fast movers and Cobras, and the pilots party hard, treat their crews well, and attract a lot of girls to the bar.
        More than a few ordies love their job. We roll in packs and no body messes with an ordie. What other MOS celebrates it's birthday? (25 April 1922) Ask any winger from a gun squadron, they will tell you that the ordies work harder and party harder than any other shop. When you go on ship no one messes with red shirts. Helo guys also have the opportunity to go Aerial Observer, door gunners, and earn their wings; several friends of mine have earned their combat wings. If you join the Marines to be one of those bored guys that watches runways and get ordnance don't fret that’s about 3/4's of the ordies, but I loved every minute of it.
        IYAOYAS! (If You Aint Ordnance You Aint S**t)
        and Semper Fi,
        R
        Last edited by rcgregor; 02-10-2008, 02:48 AM.
        I am a private citizen, these postings do not represent anyone/thing/place but me.

Comment

You aren't real firefighters?

Originally posted by AFFDSUCKS View Post
          You aren't real firefighters anyway.

Wow, quite a statement. It doesn't sound right based on my experience, though. I worked 10 years in a city fire department and 21 years as a DoD firefighter. I retired as a Fire Chief. I am a former Marine (grunt) but never had the opportunity to work at a MC base. I worked overseas and in the States. I've had the honor of presenting Allen G. Ogden awards to some of the finest firefighters I have met. I mean no disrespect whatsoever to AF firefighters. While working at a NASA Research Center I responded with and trained with some fine ones. But if the Marines ever need a hand I'd be proud to go with some "real firefighters". I hope you are just having a bad day. Cheer up, life's great. Semper Fi.

Comment

Originally posted by pastore1369 View Post
            As a Marine Corp. Corporal that got out 6 months ago I was Crash Fire Rescue At MCAS Cherry Point NC. It was a great job. Yes the military has its quirks and its downfalls however the training and the experiances you will get are endless. I got out and have had numerous companys contact me and try to hire me. The way I see it, All that job searching and networking is for the birds. USMC CFR is the way to go. Oorah 7051

i have a question for you... my husband is in basic and then he goes to MCT and MOS school for MOS 7051.... how long is the schooling for that.... i was just wondering because i know that i cant go with him until after school and where was your schooling at.... we are from the Charlotte area of NC.... thanks so much

Comment

MCT is about a month. The 7051 school is at Goodfellow Air Force Base in Texas and lasts about 3 months, provided he gets into a class right away.

Comment

Kimmy you are in the same situation as my girlfriend. We currently live in Florida, i leave aug 17th for boot. by then hopefully ill get the slot in 7051 (im fully qualified, asvab score, height, sight, etc) we have a house together now but i can break my lease since its in my name and i want her to move with me, prob after my mos school (if im not deployed, as im active) ill probably end up at pendleton. as i am tired of the east coast. Im at the point of waiting to get my papers to sign up for the MOS (yes i swore in at MEPS) shes not too happy as she was a military brat, the daughter of 2 deceased parents who were both in the military. One stationed in Okinawa and the other in the states.

Comment

Mr Muller,
                  Did you enlsit active duty? If so don't hold your breath for that 7051 slot, and learn this term IYAOYAS!
                  I am a private citizen, these postings do not represent anyone/thing/place but me.

Comment

Originally posted by rcgregor View Post
                    Mr Muller,
                    Did you enlsit active duty? If so don't hold your breath for that 7051 slot, and learn this term IYAOYAS!
                    ordinance?

Comment

Shout Out To My Fellow Grunts!!

Now we all know 0311 (Rifleman) is where the rubber MEETS the road!! Oo-Rah! I had the Asvab score as well, but rather than "swing with the wing" I decided to "Pound the Ground" and send some "Rounds Down Range!" Outstanding!

TIP OF THE SPEAR GENTS! TIP OF THE SPEAR!
                      "Once You Find Something You Enjoy Doing, Then It's No Longer Work!"

"Uncommon Valor Was A Common Virtue"-Adm. Nimitz about Marines in the Battle of Iwo Jima

Comment

Originally posted by ShredddinCali View Post
                        ordinance?
                        No that would be Ordnance, ordinance is a law.

Comment

Originally posted by AFFDSUCKS View Post
                          You aren't real firefighters anyway.
                          That's cute. Kids!! I remember "MY" first beer.

Anyway, I'd like to add that if you guys want to get into firefighting, I would recommend staying with the DoD after your enlistment. Go to the DONHR Chart website and create your resume. Do a search for firefighter under 0081. Parris Island goes through firefighters like AFFDSUCKS goes through baby bottles. They are always looking for more firefighters. I hope this helps fellas.
                          Let me know if I can help in any way.
                          Oh hey, I almost forgot, here: www.parrisislandfd.com

Comment

Who wants to go to Paris Island, buncha flat land swamp Marines any way...

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X