• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arff42
    replied
    Fed Fire jobs in Bay Area

Johney,

I hope you get a chance to read this response. Yes it is less competitive to get on with the Fed Fire departments. However, you must apply for entry level jobs because you do not have the Department Of Defense recognized certs. Even at the entry level, it will be toughg to get picked up without the certs. You may have to go to school on your own dime and get the 4 basic certs, just to get youe foot in the door. Your other option is to apply for temp or term positions all over the USA and then once you get hired, get the certs in house.

I worked at Camp Parks Fed Fire in Alameda County. If you want to work there, I am more than happy to forward you some email contacts. Chief there is one of the coolest guys you will ever meet. I just left so there will be an opening soon enough. Also, they are a paramedic ALS provider, so if you have your medic license, you may not need the DOD fire certs to get hired. A GS 9 medic there makes about 80k a year on a 72 hr wk. (2 on 3 off)

Kev

Leave a comment:

• engineer2000
    replied
    You can contact Coast Guard Petaluma Fire Department and San Francisco Presidio Fire Department about their hiring process and applicants. Those two depts. you do not need IFSAC certs to get hired, just California certs and county EMT accredited.

Leave a comment:

• JohnnySF
    started a topic Bay Area Fed

Bay Area Fed

Hi everybody, my name is John and I am new to this site. I have been viewing posts frequently for about a year and a half, but have only recently decided to post. So here goes, I am 22 years old and have been testing for over 2 years now. Still no 'dice', but I am not a quitter. Anyways, I heard from a friend of mine that testing with a fed dept. is a little bit easier than applying to the bigger depts, atleast around here that is (SF Bay Area). He told me there are a lot less applicants. My question is does anybody know if this statement is true in regards to fed depts. in the Bay Area? I am a senior at Sacramento State, have my EMT cert, and am currently in a private Fire Academy. I would love to get hired any where in the Bay Area. Any tips or advice you all have in regards to getting on with a fed dept. in the Bay Area is greatly appreciated. Especially if it's in or near SF as it's always been my dream to live or work there. Thanks for your time everybody, God bless

-John

P.S. I have no military experience. Thanks again

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X