Bay Area Fed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camp Parks

Nope, Plant 42 is private contract with Pyramid Services. We are all members of IAFF local I25. As an enrtry level firefighter I recieve the equivilent of GS7 pay, but on a 56 hr week (2/4). There is sooooo much OT, that it is very easy to make lots of extra pay. I probably average at least 56 hours OT a pay period. Plus if our sleep is interupted, another 8 hours of OT. Sick leave and Annual are paid out too, if you do not use them. We also get 144 hours of Holiday leave every year. You can get paid out if you choose not to use it, but not until you resign or quit.

Regarding Parks, Mr. Ponsoy I believe just retired from firefighting, but is working some sort of job to pass the time. Mr. Landry expresses interest in going to NWS Concord for a GS8 Captains spot. He will probably get it. He was offered a Captains position at Fort Hunter Liggett, but turned it down.

Kev

Comment

JohnySF

No access to my email at work. I will be off on Sunday and will send you the Parks info as soon as I get home. I will also contact the Captain and Fire Chief to put in a good word for you. Best thing you can do is email them or call and ask to come down and introduce yourself. Seeing a face to the name is huge points. It also expresses a lot of guts because you are walking into the unknown, and they know that. Trust me, going down in person will look very good. Have a 1 page resume on nice paper, and wear suit and tie. Leave the compettiters in the dust.

Kev

Comment

Fire station numbers Please

Folks,
        Wow do i see some names from the past, NAS Alameda, Camp Parks, been there done that. Hi all my homies, the Green Groeser found the Federal talk forum, is where we do all our bickering amd winning??? LOL..
        Hey guys looking for a few numbers and names working at Tracy Army Depot, and NAS Lemoore, Marine Core Logistics. You guys who have been around a while now the names I need, One of my firefighters is getting out of the Army and is heading home looking to get a job at either of the two, so i needs a little help from the mighty powers. If someone can help me out, you would be helping a super great guy get back where his little girl lives.

Thanks,
        Capt. Joe Groeser
        Ft Lewis Fire and Emergency Services
        [email protected]
        wk# 253-967-2714

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse