Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ft. Wainwright Hiring Process

Hello all,

I recently saw a open position for Ft. Wainwright Fire Department targeting GS-3/4/5. I applied and looking to see what I can expect. Thanks for any info or help!

I applied for the GS-3 (trainee) position. I feel my resume was pretty spot on with the job posting and KSA's. I applied to both posting (VEOA, Civilian). Right now I'm just waiting for them to be reviewed and see if I make it to SO.

If I do make SO is it smart to call department and ask about the process? I would really like this job and want to keep a good impression, I do not want to annoy them.

A little background on myself:

-8 year USMC in electronics maintenance (2841/ EAS Oct 16)
    -Currently working as EMT in Kern County. We have a pretty good protocols and have medical authority over our local FD.

No I'm currently in CA but willing to relocate. I figured it would be rough to get hired on as a trainee. I saw the posting and figured I've got nothing to lose so why not. Competition is tough now days and I figured guys with certs might try to snag the spot.

Comment

Originally posted by rreed056 View Post
      If I do make SO is it smart to call department and ask about the process? I would really like this job and want to keep a good impression, I do not want to annoy them..
      If you want your applicant package to be placed at the bottom of the pile of applicants or even thrown in the trash, do not call anyone. Do not call CPOC, do not call the Wainright HRO, and especially DO NOT CALL THE FIRE DEPT. Only make phone calls when specifically asked to.

99% of Federal Fire Chiefs do not want to hire someone with zero experience. They want to be able to hire someone and throw them right onto a rig and do in-house orientation. That being said as a Veteran, you would get some preferential treatment over other non-experienced GS3/4 applicants.
      "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

Originally posted by FWDbuff View Post

If you want your applicant package to be placed at the bottom of the pile of applicants or even thrown in the trash, do not call anyone. Do not call CPOC, do not call the Wainright HRO, and especially DO NOT CALL THE FIRE DEPT. Only make phone calls when specifically asked to.

99% of Federal Fire Chiefs do not want to hire someone with zero experience. They want to be able to hire someone and throw them right onto a rig and do in-house orientation. That being said as a Veteran, you would get some preferential treatment over other non-experienced GS3/4 applicants.
        Thanks for the advice!

I will not be calling anyone unless they want me too lol!

Like I said before I understand the competition is tough for these jobs, I would expect more that qualified applicants would apply to get a foot in the federal door. I saw the job posting for the "Trainee" position and had to apply due to them not coming around often.

I will just patiently wait for the process to move forward and hope I make SO and score an interview.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X