Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• psilentchild
    replied
    I haven't called them. I went up there once and talked to the asst chief. I wanted to put a face with the name. I had a buddy of mine help me get on base. I'm not going up there again.

Leave a comment:

• FWDbuff
    replied
    Former Federal Firefighter here. Yes you have an excellent chance. Vets do get some preference however if you are as polished as you claim to be, you would make the "preferred" list and would probably only get beat out by Vets with as much or more certs, training and experience than you. UNLESS....the Chief pulls some Federal Fire Chief Voodoo magic and hires whoever he wants....(his buddies...) But that never happens NOT.

Unless they are desperate to hire, don't hold your breath and sit back and get comfy, it could take a while to hear anything. Do NOT repeatedly call the Fire Chief or CPOC......If you do that your application package could accidentally fall into the trash can. Wait a month and then maybe call CPOC (or better yet if you have a contact email, send an email in a month.....)

Leave a comment:

• psilentchild
    started a topic What are my chances with an NOR of 100

What are my chances with an NOR of 100

I applied for a job in San Antonio. They are hiring for all 3 bases, Lackland, Ft Sam, and Randolph. I have 17 years of experience in the fire service. I have all of the cert they are asking for plus a ton more. The job closed on Aug 12. I received my NOR and got a 100. The issue I have is I don't have vet preference. Do I even have a chance of getting hired without being a vet?

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X