How to get a job with a federal/DoD fire department

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get a job with a federal/DoD fire department

Hello everyone! I was curious for any advice for pursuing a career with a federal or DoD fire department. I have federal experience with the forest service. What kind of training or experience should I pursue to be desirable and where can I apply? Thank you all.

www.usajobs.com

Enter job series "0081"

If you don't have IFSAC/Pro-Board Fire I, EMT, Fire II, Haz Mat Operations (Tech preferably) ,Driver/Operator Pumps/Aerials/ARFF, Fire Inspector I, Fire Officer I
    and then the 40-Hour FAA ARFF Course, start working on them.

Just because you do not have them, does not mean you won't get hired, unless they are hiring at the full performance level. You could potentially be brought on as a trainee and would be required to obtain these certs within "X" amount of time.

At the very least, you should have Fire I, EMT, Haz Mat Operations and Driver/Operator Pumps/Aerials.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

I see. I am interested in city jobs as well. I've applied to departments in California, where I reside. I've been looking to either going the federal route or staying in the wild land arena. Do you know of any opportunities in that outside of the USFS?

Comment

I have Hazmat FRO, Confined Space rescue awareness, and will and certs. Other than that I have my EMT and Fire Science degree. I don't have a FF1 academy completed.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X