Reno, Nevada Air National Guard Fire Departments, state employee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reno, Nevada Air National Guard Fire Departments, state employee

Does anyone have any info about the Air National Guard fire protection in the Reno, NV area? I am wondering if their is a civilian and a military side, their work schedule, and the day to day activities.

Thanks

It looks like they are located along side the Reno International Airport and share runway space.

It does not say anything about having to join the national guard. But if that is a requirement I will withdraw my application. I was told their fire department has a military side and a civilian (state employee) side. I don't know if this is true or not.

Comment

CALL THEM.

It's really that simple.
      Train to fight the fires you fight.

Comment

Originally posted by LaFireEducator View Post
        CALL THEM.

It's really that simple.
        Uh, no, it's NOT really "quite that simple."

Anytime there is an announcement for a Federal Firefighter (or sometimes, as this case appears to be) or a State NG position is announced by Federal or State OPM's, the facility is usually inunduated with phone calls from every potential applicant from Pigs Knuckle, Arkansas to Rome, Italy. The phones literally ring off the hook. The Fire Department begins to tire of it after a while, and the Command Staff usually tells the guy on watch answering the phones to take careful messages- who, what, why.......And the messages usually end up in the trash. I know. I have probably written 500 message slips for kids calling to speak to the boss to inquire about the position. Sometimes if the kid on the other end of the phone is smart enough, he/she will say "hey can I talk to you for a minute? What shifts do you work, run number, etc etc etc etc.....If he is a nice guy and I am not busy doing something, I took the time to talk to him. But calling the facility fire department is not recommended.

Best thing for this guy to do is exactly what he is...Come on here, see if anyone from the base sees this, or maybe someone knows someone that could get word out to the kid.
        "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

Originally posted by FWDbuff View Post
          Uh, no, it's NOT really "quite that simple."

Anytime there is an announcement for a Federal Firefighter (or sometimes, as this case appears to be) or a State NG position is announced by Federal or State OPM's, the facility is usually inunduated with phone calls from every potential applicant from Pigs Knuckle, Arkansas to Rome, Italy. The phones literally ring off the hook. The Fire Department begins to tire of it after a while, and the Command Staff usually tells the guy on watch answering the phones to take careful messages- who, what, why.......And the messages usually end up in the trash. I know. I have probably written 500 message slips for kids calling to speak to the boss to inquire about the position. Sometimes if the kid on the other end of the phone is smart enough, he/she will say "hey can I talk to you for a minute? What shifts do you work, run number, etc etc etc etc.....If he is a nice guy and I am not busy doing something, I took the time to talk to him. But calling the facility fire department is not recommended.

Best thing for this guy to do is exactly what he is...Come on here, see if anyone from the base sees this, or maybe someone knows someone that could get word out to the kid.
          Exactly what I am doing.

Comment

Originally posted by crash42fire View Post
            Exactly what I am doing.
            Kid, there's a couple of DoD Firefighter groups on facebook. Go in there and sniff around, post your message- I think you'll have better luck there. Good luck.
            "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X