national call to serve contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• national call to serve contract

I'm meeting a AF recruiter tomorrow, has anyone signed a national call to serve contract? 2 years active 2 years active reserve. I have a friend who was a AF FF, he loved it, he told me about this contract. I'm not sure what branches offer it, I've narrowed it down to AF or USMC, I've been told AF is the best by my friend, but my other two friends are marines and say the usmc is the best....figures. Any input or questions i should ask?

i know of one person to get that contract. if you want to be a military firefighter, go air force... would go air force for any job.

my guess is your friends are brand new marines

Comment

haha no they hated it when they were brand new but they started liking it more after they picked up rank. but yeah ive been told AF is the best for fire, i still want to see what the different offers will be

Comment

Originally posted by FFighter5599 View Post
        I'm meeting a AF recruiter tomorrow, has anyone signed a national call to serve contract? 2 years active 2 years active reserve. I have a friend who was a AF FF, he loved it, he told me about this contract. I'm not sure what branches offer it, I've narrowed it down to AF or USMC, I've been told AF is the best by my friend, but my other two friends are marines and say the usmc is the best....figures. Any input or questions i should ask?

You better look close at that contract. It is an 8 year commitment to one thing or another.

The benefits are pretty slim actually, espicially if you think you will want to go to college later.

http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/joini...yearenlist.htm

And you are FIRST up if your job is needed to be called up for active duty while in the reserves.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for enlisting, just don't get caught up in the hype, it is not just 2 years (nor 4)

Air Force is the way to go for any job that does not hinge on crawling in the mud shooting. If you want to be a groundpounder, Marines all the way. If you want a career or career training, Air Force followed by Navy.

For Firefighting, hands down, Air Force.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X