No announcement yet.

How old is too old?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nobody can really answer that without knowing your personality and how much you can handle. the guard is definetaly a commitment, but one weekend a month and two weeks a year isn't a whole lot. remember that the guard was designed for people who would like to serve, yet maintain their fulltime job/student status. ask your unit what their ops tempo/deployment tempo is as im sure you aren't the first person with that type of siuation.

Comment

Originally posted by ctfireguy View Post
      With school, my rotating shifts and a social life I feel like I have a lot on my plate. Just wondering if I had add the guard if that will put me over the edge?
      Prioritize. Push some of the stuff off of your plate.

Comment

Thank you to all you posted some advice up here. I took a tour of a local base last week and talked with a bunch of security forces men and women. I think I would like that career very much however with the time for deployments, local training and different schools that guard sounds like I could easily turn it into a full time job. Which I do not think would be good for me. So I gave active duty a thought and realized that I would take a 75% pay cut which is something that I am not going to do. So I would love to join the military and I think I would make a great soldier but I do not think the military is in my cards anymore. Thank you to all who serve us in uniform.

I have been searching for some info on ways to send gifts (thoughtful mail and misc. items) to the troop over seas for the holidays. Does anyone have any good websites or companies that I can do that through?

Comment

Originally posted by ctfireguy View Post
          Thank you to all you posted some advice up here. I took a tour of a local base last week and talked with a bunch of security forces men and women. I think I would like that career very much however with the time for deployments, local training and different schools that guard sounds like I could easily turn it into a full time job. Which I do not think would be good for me. So I gave active duty a thought and realized that I would take a 75% pay cut which is something that I am not going to do. So I would love to join the military and I think I would make a great soldier but I do not think the military is in my cards anymore. Thank you to all who serve us in uniform.

I have been searching for some info on ways to send gifts (thoughtful mail and misc. items) to the troop over seas for the holidays. Does anyone have any good websites or companies that I can do that through?

Check out the USO and the Wounder Warrior Project. WWP gave us guys that were MEDVAC'd out of Iraq from injuries while on mission all lot of nice stuff. I mean getting blown up sucks and all, but for these people to give us thousands of dollars worth of stuff to make our lives easier and the best care possible while we recover is above and beyond anything we could ever ask for.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X