Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walk out on Recruiter or MEPS Job Counselor?!?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Walk out on Recruiter or MEPS Job Counselor?!?

    OK so I know there is a lot of threads on this topic already but I have one specific question that I need help/advice with!
    I have already been to a total of 3 local Air Force recruiters in the area which I live in and all have been unsuccesful in getting me 3E7X1 Fire Protection Apprentice guaranteed. I have a couple more I can call. That's all I want to do in the Air Force and I have literally read posts on here from 8-10 different people that have said they have gotten Fire Protection guaranteed in their contract, none of that "list 4-5 jobs and a career field" BS. I have also read countless posts/threads of people that have gotten it guaranteed on other sites such as yahoo answers, firefighting forums etc. So I know I can get it, I just have the worst luck in finding the right recruiter!

    So my question to all of you who have gotten Fire Protection guaranteed is and/or know how to get it guaranteed is how do I get it!!???? I know I need to go into the recruiters office, tell them I want Fire Protection or nothing without being an a**hole about it, and dont let them talk to me about anything but Fire Protection. I know I need to lead the conversation and all of that. But I dont know whether to walk out on the recruiter if he/she says they cant get it for me? Or should I go along with their BS, go to MEPS, and if I cant get the job guaranteed walk out from the MEPS?

    HELP! Please this is my future, and all I want to do. I know ya fellas are probably sick of us kids asking questions but you're truly helping us out! I got to get this guaranteed, otherwise I'll be joining either the Army or Navy which arent bad but I want USAF.

    Thanks fellas, I truly truly appreciated it. Any tips, advice, what to say, etc. is greatly accepted!
    Also if anyone has the name/number/location of their recruiter that got you your contract and lives someplace in the Midwest, I'm willing to travel to get this guaranteed!
    Last edited by FF173; 10-16-2010, 12:25 AM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by FF173 View Post
    OK so I know there is a lot of threads on this topic already but I have one specific question that I need help/advice with!
    I have already been to a total of 3 local Air Force recruiters in the area which I live in and all have been unsuccesful in getting me 3E7X1 Fire Protection Apprentice guaranteed. I have a couple more I can call. That's all I want to do in the Air Force and I have literally read posts on here from 8-10 different people that have said they have gotten Fire Protection guaranteed in their contract, none of that "list 4-5 jobs and a career field" BS. I have also read countless posts/threads of people that have gotten it guaranteed on other sites such as yahoo answers, firefighting forums etc. So I know I can get it, I just have the worst luck in finding the right recruiter!

    So my question to all of you who have gotten Fire Protection guaranteed is and/or know how to get it guaranteed is how do I get it!!???? I know I need to go into the recruiters office, tell them I want Fire Protection or nothing without being an a**hole about it, and dont let them talk to me about anything but Fire Protection. I know I need to lead the conversation and all of that. But I dont know whether to walk out on the recruiter if he/she says they cant get it for me? Or should I go along with their BS, go to MEPS, and if I cant get the job guaranteed walk out from the MEPS?

    HELP! Please this is my future, and all I want to do. I know ya fellas are probably sick of us kids asking questions but you're truly helping us out! I got to get this guaranteed, otherwise I'll be joining either the Army or Navy which arent bad but I want USAF.

    Thanks fellas, I truly truly appreciated it. Any tips, advice, what to say, etc. is greatly accepted!
    Also if anyone has the name/number/location of their recruiter that got you your contract and lives someplace in the Midwest, I'm willing to travel to get this guaranteed!

    Just keeping plugging away, go to every recruiter you can until you get Fire protection in writing. Like you said this is you future and you don't want to spend the next 4-6 years doing something you don't like and wondering, "What if" Just don't take no for an answer!

    Comment


    • #3
      Kid, stop being a poosy.

      Ask your mom to have your gonads from her purse for a few hours.

      It's this simple.

      1. Walk into recruiter office. Introduce yourself to recruiter.

      2. Say: "I want a guarantee for 3E7X1 Fire Protection Apprentice, I am NOT, I repeat NOT filling out a dream sheet. You give me the guarantee in writing that you and I both know that you can give me, and I will sign today. Otherwise I will go see what the Marine Corps can do for me."

      3. If he starts to bullschit you, say "Can you tell me where the Marine Corps recruiter office is?" and start to walk out.

      There. How much simpler can it get? There are many threads in this sub-topic on how to handle recruiters. If you want Fire Protection, this is what you have to do. Dont be afraid to be a dick to the recruiter, you are under no obligation to be nice to them- they cannot control your Military Destiny unless you allow them to. Now be a man, go do what needs to be done, and come back on here and tell us your ship-out date for boot camp.
      "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

      Comment


      • #4
        wow... friggin impressive

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by FWDbuff View Post
          Kid, stop being a poosy.

          Ask your mom to have your gonads from her purse for a few hours.

          It's this simple.

          1. Walk into recruiter office. Introduce yourself to recruiter.

          2. Say: "I want a guarantee for 3E7X1 Fire Protection Apprentice, I am NOT, I repeat NOT filling out a dream sheet. You give me the guarantee in writing that you and I both know that you can give me, and I will sign today. Otherwise I will go see what the Marine Corps can do for me."

          3. If he starts to bullschit you, say "Can you tell me where the Marine Corps recruiter office is?" and start to walk out.

          There. How much simpler can it get? There are many threads in this sub-topic on how to handle recruiters. If you want Fire Protection, this is what you have to do. Dont be afraid to be a dick to the recruiter, you are under no obligation to be nice to them- they cannot control your Military Destiny unless you allow them to. Now be a man, go do what needs to be done, and come back on here and tell us your ship-out date for boot camp.
          Well said those recruiter need you more than you need them. When i went in thats what i did and guess what I got the job I wanted and I even left for boot camp when i wanted to.

          Comment


          • #6
            Thanks for all the replies fellas. And FWD im not bein a pus I am just running out of recruiters to go to around here and want to make sure I know what I'm doing.

            Thanks again, hoping to come back here within a couple weeks and tell you when I'm shipping out!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by FF173 View Post
              And FWD im not bein a pus I am just running out of recruiters to go to
              Do it right the first time and you wouldnt have to go to more than one recruiter. Good luck kid.
              "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by FWDbuff View Post
                Kid, stop being a poosy.

                Ask your mom to have your gonads from her purse for a few hours.

                It's this simple.

                1. Walk into recruiter office. Introduce yourself to recruiter.

                2. Say: "I want a guarantee for 3E7X1 Fire Protection Apprentice, I am NOT, I repeat NOT filling out a dream sheet. You give me the guarantee in writing that you and I both know that you can give me, and I will sign today. Otherwise I will go see what the Marine Corps can do for me."

                3. If he starts to bullschit you, say "Can you tell me where the Marine Corps recruiter office is?" and start to walk out.
                Empty threat. If the AF recruiter knows his business, he'll know the Marine recruiter cannot guarantee a firefighter position either. USMC recruiters can only offer occupational fields that consist of several jobs, not the exact MOS.

                Comment


                • #9
                  No Air Force for me fellas. Ive talked to a couple other recruiters this week and it seems they must have some sort of database with everyone who calls them names in it. I call a recruiter, talk to him give him my general info etc., set up a time to meet and all looks good. Then literally 4 out of the 4 I talked to this past week have called me back 20 or so minutes after I talked to them last telling me to "stop calling different recruiters to see if one can guarantee you the job in Fire Protection. the air force cannot do it for you. if you want to join the USAF, go to your originial recruiter and do the whole list 4-5 jobs with them."

                  So it appears that basically every recruiter around has my name in their "database" and knows I'm trying to get a guarantee, therefore I can't even get the opportunity to meet face to face with any of them.

                  I do appreciate all the help though fellas. I will now be most likely enlisting in the Army as a 68W - Combat Medic, which I am extremely excited for and looking forward to being a kicka*s medic, just not as much as USAF FF. But looking at it I am still going to be achieving all the goals I want to out of the Army as I was planning on getting out of the Air Force and will still only be enlisting on a 4 year contract.

                  Thanks again, I truly appreciate the help!
                  Last edited by FF173; 10-21-2010, 06:28 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by FF173 View Post
                    **the air force cannot do it for you. if you want to join the USAF, go to your originial recruiter and do the whole list 4-5 jobs with them."
                    If that's what you want to believe, then go ahead and enlist in the US Army and be miserable. (I know. Worked at a large US Army facility for 7 years. It's not the US Army. Maybe the Mexican Army, or Perhaps the Peurto Rican Army, but NOT the US Army.)

                    If you want to be a Combat Medic, may I recommend the US Navy???? Either way, good luck to you. I still believe if you dig in and stand your ground, you can get FF from the USAF.

                    Have Fun!

                    (**How do you tell a recruiter is lying? Their lips are moving.)
                    Last edited by FWDbuff; 10-21-2010, 09:36 PM.
                    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by FWDbuff View Post
                      If that's what you want to believe, then go ahead and enlist in the US Army and be miserable. (I know. Worked at a large US Army facility for 7 years. It's not the US Army. Maybe the Mexican Army, or Perhaps the Peurto Rican Army, but NOT the US Army.)

                      If you want to be a Combat Medic, may I recommend the US Navy???? Either way, good luck to you. I still believe if you dig in and stand your ground, you can get FF from the USAF.

                      Have Fun!

                      (**How do you tell a recruiter is lying? Their lips are moving.)

                      I am also looking into the US Navy as a Corpsman, going FMF and working with the Marines.
                      And Thanks for the tip, but how am I supposed to stand my ground if theres no one to stand to? ya know what I mean? every recruiter I call will see my name and know that I just want a guarantee before I even have the chance to sit down and tell them what you've told me to say. I wont ever get the chance to "walk out" and hope they call me back.
                      Sounds cheesy and is a bit of a cliche, but everything happens for a reason. Maybe I'm just meant to join the Army or Navy..?!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        You do realize that you don't have to call in advance and you can just merely show up at their office?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by FF173 View Post
                          And Thanks for the tip, but how am I supposed to stand my ground if theres no one to stand to? ya know what I mean? every recruiter I call will see my name and know that I just want a guarantee before I even have the chance to sit down and tell them what you've told me to say. I wont ever get the chance to "walk out" and hope they call me back.
                          I wasn't going to comment any further, but this kind of rubbed me the wrong way.

                          You did this to yourself. You are the one who came on here and asked for advice. You are the one who went to multiple recruiters after several of us told you what to do with ONE recruiter. And now they know you are desperate. But you know what, it isn't a lost cause- yet. What it will take, is for you to man up and get the backbone that you have not shown to this point. If you really and truly have your heart set on being a USAF Firefighter, you walk into the first recruiter you went and saw. You tell him/her "Look, here's the deal, we can help each other out. You need signatures, I need to be a Firefighter. You give me the written guarantee you and I both know that you can give me, and I swear a blood oath I'll go to MEPS tomorrow if you give it to me. And no, I am not filling out the dream sheet. So c'mon, what do you say, shall we stop wasting each other's time?"

                          And if they screw with you, fine. Announce "Ok, I'll go see the Navy about becoming a Medical Corspman."

                          You have absolutely nothing to lose, and everything to gain.
                          "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Going into the very first recruiter I talked to tomorrow. Not going to call and make an appointment, just going to walk in.

                            Last chance, hope it goes well. Hope to come back here and tell you when I'm going to the MEPS.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by FF173 View Post
                              But looking at it I am still going to be achieving all the goals I want to out of the Army as I was planning on getting out of the Air Force and will still only be enlisting on a 4 year contract.!
                              Sorry to burst your bubble kid but its not a 4 year contract you will sign. What they dont tell you is it is an 8 year contract. Four years active duty and four year inactive ready reserves.

                              Comment

                              300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                              Collapse

                              Upper 300x250

                              Collapse

                              Taboola

                              Collapse

                              Leader

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X