No announcement yet.

Getting the runaround

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone ever considered that recruiters may not be able to guarantee jobs anymore? We've gotten an influx of people recently that all come telling the same story. It may just be that with the drawdowns and retainability that they simply cannot guarantee a specific job whether it be AFI or command policy. I dunno, just saying...

Comment

Technically, a recruiter has never been able to guarantee a job. You don't actually get a specific job until you go to MEPS and sign for an open slot out of the computer.

Generally, you sit down with the recruiter who finds you the options that you want, you sign a tentative enlistment application and ship to MEPS. Once your cleared for enlistment, you sit down with your branches career counselor goes into the database and finds an opening your career field. They prepare the actual enlistment contract, you sign, take the oath and ship off.

The reason the recruiter has you sign for a job is that different jobs have different medical requirements that you will be evaluated for before you see the counselor. There is no requirement that you sign for the job that the recruiter sent you to MEPS for in the first place (though it might frost his chaps a bit.)

Comment

Originally posted by SRT936 View Post
        I did that 25 years ago when I first enlisted and it worked then. I re-enlisted in 2008, pulled the same walk-out routine, and didn't make it to the door before they called my back with my job of choice.
        not to thread jack, but i would like to know the story here. enlist 25 years ago, then went back in recently? did you join the national guard or something?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X