Plant 42

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShredddinCali View Post
    Do you think it's cheaper to pay GS employees (including pay, locality, insurance, retirement, etc) or contract employees (flat rate paid to company and company divides money for employees)? I'm not arguing, it's just an overhead question.

I work at Plant 42 Fire and it is my understanding that the cost savings will be about 2% over a five year period. It is also my understanding that in order to save money with the GS system, the manpower will have to go from 16 down to 14. You also have to remember that being an Air Force Base, they will require a haz mat team. So add the cost of a haz mat truck and the equipment. You can find the info double online and double check my info, as I am going entirely from memory.

Comment

Originally posted by XFedFF View Post
      It looks like DOD Firefighters are still LOW BID!
      The contract firefighters at Plant 42 are more than willing to take a pay cut
      in order to keep their jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by USAFfiredog View Post
        Pyramid services or something like that.
        I work at Plant 42 and Pyramid Services is the current contract. I also work at Jet Propulsion Laboratory and Wackenhut (WSI) is indeed the contract at the NASA sites.

Plant 42 has several aerospace companies that have their own fire brigades or prevention teams. NASA, Boeing, Lockheed and Northrop all have dedicated fire prevention programs. Northrop also has a dedicated fire brigade. I believe their are only about 10 gs employees on the entire base. Everyone else is employed by pyramid or one of the aerospace companies.

Comment

I hope that all Plant 42 Firefighters meet the hiring requirements of DOD! I have seen Contract Firefighters laid off and not offered DOD jobs cause they were too old or other reasons.

Comment

Good News.....

arff42, good to read from you again..... Thought you may have jumped of the planet. LOL.

Hope all is well..... I'm gonna shoot ya an I.M.
            "Be LOUD, Be PROUD..... It just might save your can someday when goin' through an intersection!!!!!"

Life on the Truck (Quint) is good.....

Eat til you're sleepy..... Sleep til you're hungry..... And repeat.....

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyboy View Post
              arff42, good to read from you again..... Thought you may have jumped of the planet. LOL.

Hope all is well..... I'm gonna shoot ya an I.M.
              I sent you a private message.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X