Plant 42

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plant 42

Any news on Plant 42 going GS? I got wind of this a little while ago and was seeing if anyone has any information.

Hope so !!!!!

Comment

It would be interesting if a base that is essentially in place for Contractors to be taken over by GS Fire. Who is covering it now? Boeing?
      I know WSI got all the NASA bases, don't know if that covers 42 as well.

Comment

It has already happened! Navy Region Northwest Bangor Sub Base was contract and went back to Federal Firefighters (GS)

Comment

I did some research... Looks like the current FIREFIGHTERS are fighting the conversion at plant 42 because they say that 90% of the department will not be able to convert to the GS system.

google plant 42 fire dept.
          Last edited by USAFfiredog; 08-25-2010, 09:36 PM. Reason: im a loser.. ha ha

Comment

Originally posted by peterbound View Post
            It would be interesting if a base that is essentially in place for Contractors to be taken over by GS Fire. Who is covering it now? Boeing?
            I know WSI got all the NASA bases, don't know if that covers 42 as well.
            Pyramid services or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by USAFfiredog View Post
              fire dogs.
              I never met a Fire Fighter that willingly called himself that. Everyone i knew used to cringe every time the CE commander (only people out side of fire protection used this term) dropped this moniker at a CC.

You're a brave man.

Comment

It's a Stupid Air Force Term!

Comment

Originally posted by XFedFF View Post
                  It's a Stupid Air Force Term!
                  fire dogs are what trainees called themselves at the fire academy. once they arrived at their first base, they quickly realized that the colored rope they wore and the silly chants were moot. ce commanders and ce first sergeants still call usaf firefighters 'fire dogs' because there are still like eight people out there that never caught on to reality and spread the 'fire dog' crap around.

Comment

Trainees do not know what to expect when they get to the Fire Academy! They did not give themselves this term as you say! Trainees were given that term when they got there! It is the Air Force Leadership and Fire Academy that keep the Stupid Term alive!

Comment

Trainees do not know what to expect when they get to the Fire Academy! They did not give themselves this term as you say! Trainees were given that term when they got there! It is the Air Force Leadership and Fire Academy that keep the Stupid Term alive!
                      i never said they give themselves that term, but that's what they call themselves.

i do agree with you, however, that the school keeps it alive. although, every instructor i have talked to say it's the most obnoxious thing.. the "fire dog" label, the mindless chants, and so on.

Comment

I've was at 7 assignments during my AF career, and several deployed locations. And at every one of them there was some guy that had to be called a fire dawg (notice the spelling). This was usually the same guy that carried his badge around in his wallet and would /always/ wear his station shirt out.

Nothing wrong with being proud, just so long as it's not cheesy

Comment

I know they did interviews and selection for the Fire Chief, Deputy Chief, and A/C of OPS as GS civil service. It will be interesting to see how this pans out. The DoD says it's insourcing, but it seems like they are playing hardball with the contract company to get a lower contract price.

Comment

It looks like DOD Firefighters are still LOW BID!

Comment

It looks like DOD Firefighters are still LOW BID!
                              Do you think it's cheaper to pay GS employees (including pay, locality, insurance, retirement, etc) or contract employees (flat rate paid to company and company divides money for employees)? I'm not arguing, it's just an overhead question.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X