X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TeayotaSoupra
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2007

Use to be in NC now in KY

New here! I was part of a rescue squad in NC and moved up here to KY area and just started as a figher fighter. Havn't gotten into much action as far as calls go so far but still loving it. I'm sure those in the ky area will see me at some classes since i'm planning to be busy with them this year!
  • ladymed
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2007

Where in KY (general area) are you now? I also am from KY.

Comment

• TeayotaSoupra
      Forum Member
      • Jan 2007

Next to WV

Comment

• FF41230
        Forum Member
        • Jan 2001

well well well, look who it is. lol. She just so happens to be from my area.
        "I truly believe that tradition is important to the long-term survival of the fire service."-Lt. Andrew Fredricks, FDNY,9-11-01

Comment

• doughesson
          Forum Member
          • Mar 2004

I left Paducah,Kentucky a year and a month ago and miss it badly.Even though I grew up here in Memphis,I much prefer the sights and sounds of waking up looking at deer outside the window when you're half a mile from the city line instead of sirens and hearing gunshots.

Comment

• TeayotaSoupra
            Forum Member
            • Jan 2007

yea that fool is my Lt.

Yea I was born in Cali and moved to the east coast when I was 14 and i'd never go back. Then moved to NC and then here to WV/KY and i'd never go back to NC lol. Granted the coal trucks are a pain but not too bad. I already have to replace my windshield lol

Comment

• Box2565
              Forum Member
              • Dec 2000

I'm originally from Harlan, and I'm now in Northern Kentucky where I photograph apparatus as a hobby. Don't see a lot of folks from the Bluegrass state on here, but welcome.

Why not take a road trip and come to the Cincinnati area for these events!

March 9, 2007 - Milford, Ohio. Annual fire memorabilia auction. Consignments are currently being accepted. If you have 1 item or 100 to sell, contact the auctioneer. Auction preview Friday 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. Auction at 7:00 p.m. Auction information: Howard Kuhnell 605 Garfield Milford OH 45150. Phone: 513-831-6398 or [email protected]

Items in the prior auctions run the range of fire collectibles: helmets; lanterns, badges, alarm equipment, apparatus goodies, literature, Ahrens-Fox and Cincinnati area items, toys, etc.

March 10, 2007 - Milford, Ohio. 14th annual fire flea market
              (Fire related items only). Saturday from 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Admission $2.00. Dealer set up on Friday the 9th from 1:00 - 6:00 p.m. and Saturday beginning at 7:00 a.m. Tables are $10.00 each. Chairs provided. Electricity is available; please let us know if you will need an outlet at the time of registration. There are a maximum of 60 tables available for rent.

Deadline to reserve Flea Market space is March 1st. A confirmation letter will be mailed around February 1st with any additional information requested. Table Assignment, vendor pass, and pass for 1 assistant per table (maximum of 3) will be given to you when you arrive. You must provide table cloths for any heavy items or leave them on the floor. Any damage to your assigned tables will be your responsibility for the payment for a replacement table.

Information: Mark Hetzel, SR 3623 Rio Bravo Trail Cleves OH 45002-2314 Phone: 513-467-1757 or [email protected]

Click here for a printable Flea Market Registration Form: http://www.milesgreenwood.org/flearegistration.html.

The location for these events is the Milford Firefighters Community Hall which is conveniently located at the Milford Shopping Center on Lila Avenue (U.S. Route 50 and the intersection of Ohio Route 131 - just across from the Milford fire station!). The hall is at the east end of the plaza. This is a great facility with plenty of parking and easy access in and out (no steps)! There are many hotels and restaurants nearby.
              Cincinnati F.D. History Site
              Society for the Preservation & Appreciation of Antique Fire Apparatus in America
              Youngstown Fire Forums - 40,000+ photos of Apparatus, Fire Scenes, etc.

Comment

• doughesson
                Forum Member
                • Mar 2004

I used to volunteer outside Paducah with Reidland-Farley.We'd go to fire schools as often as the Trustees would pony up the money(everytime we asked)and everyone considered the Jefferson County Fire School/Do to be a good time.
                Though living in Memphis now,I do plan to return after taking the NREMT exams and getting licensed in Kentucky as well.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                Working...